Petition circulates to replace Richmond's Robert E. Lee statue with Oderus Urungus of GWAR

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/10/petition-circulates-to-replace.html

8 Likes

While they’re at it, let’s replace Jefferson Davis statues with statues of Jonathan Davis from Korn.

7 Likes

Holy shit! Monument Ave lined with GWAR statues would be effing awesome!

@xeni you know people… :+1:

20 Likes

Why Korn?

Alex Skolnick and Chuck Billy are much greater national treasures.

1 Like

Clearly this should happen.

8 Likes

Yay!!!
GWAR!!!

6 Likes

GWAR was made for statues. They deserve it, given their 30+ year career in obliterating ears worldwide. GWAR FTW!

6 Likes

I’m just assuming that this monument would have hoses that sprayed nameless gunk on random people as they walked by.

15 Likes

Like the logic here. Maybe we should replace a few of the statues in Glasgow’s with ones from the lads from Alestorm? Know they’re from Fife but a bit of Pirate Metal would go down well.
But not the Duke of Wellington. Him wearing a traffic cone is an iconic image of Scotland.

1 Like

And over here in Stone Mountain, they need to replace the confederate generals with Outkast…

Yeah. I’d go to that fucking laser show every year on the 4th then, no matter how crowded and how much it cost.

17 Likes

Looks like a Banksy challenge!

4 Likes

I don’t see the ‘Cuttlefish of Cthulhu’ phallus. It must be the MTV version of the costume.

5 Likes

Taking down a guy who fought for enslaving one group of people, and replacing it with someone who fought to enslave all humanity?

What kind of lesson is this teaching our kids?

8 Likes

Equal rights for all mankind.

5 Likes

Perhaps it is here in Harrisburg, PA?

1 Like

It’s only considered a statue of Robert E. Lee because it’s labeled “Robert E. Lee”. Just change the plaque to another name and everybody should be happy, right?

Presumably the likeness isn’t that bad? I know a lot of those confederate statues were cheaply made and rather shabby, but that one seems like it should have had some care put into it.

Not to be confused with General Ursus from Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

Had a friend go to a GWAR concert.
Oderus: “Who has drugs for GWAR?”
crowd starts throwing drugs on stage
Friend: “i’ve got some updog”
Oderus: “What is updog…fuck you”

4 Likes

A big rock… dedicated to hip-hop. That would almost be poetic. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like