Stephen Colbert plays D&D with Matt Mercer for Red Nose Day

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/24/stephen-colbert-plays-dd.html

4 Likes
10 Likes

Wow! Metamorphosis Alpha. That really takes me back.
The generation ship gone bad, really bad, or more precisely, really weird. esp for like 1978 man.

6 Likes

He was a Metamorphosis Alpha player before D&D and he got in on D&D early.

Maybe he discusses it during the session, but I wonder if Colbert ever played the crossover adventure:

5 Likes

LOL, a stone-deaf bard. Somebody hasn’t been wearing ear protection when he casts soundburst.

4 Likes

Nice video! I hope Colbert does more of these, maybe with other celebrities, for fundraising.

2 Likes

One of my favorite D&D modules, which I wish to Celestian that DDO had the rights to incorporate into the game.

1 Like

Ah, yes, D & amp.

I knew them before they were, you know, mainstream.

3 Likes

James M. Ward, creator of Metamorphosis Alpha, is still around. He’s working on new materials (a map of the entire starship Warden), and appears at a number of small conventions around the country - happily signing materials for fans. He’s a really sweet guy and dying at his table is like being killed by Santa Claus.

4 Likes

As a die hard storygamer for 1-on-1 campaigns I would recommend Burning Wheel.

The best thing about Burning Wheel, you can choose what type of conflicts use the detailed and crunchy resolution system. So up front you set the expectations that debate will be crunchy but melee actions are resolved in a single roll.

2 Likes

7A038DED-0199-4686-B61E-9A2D68E5A872

4 Likes

Barrier Peak is my favorite example of Gygaxian horse shit.

It would be so hard to run this adventure and not immediately give away that their weird cave is a a space ship.

Sure, but it’s on the players to act as if their characters have no context to understand that too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.