Stephen Colbert's get well message to Sarah Palin

Sarah is simply an example of the female analog of male machismo: hyper-femininity, but in her case still subservient and deferring to males as superior, because her Organized Religion said so. So: hyper-feminine female w/ macho admiration and outlook.

2 Likes

I guess they overlooked the fact that she used it to criticise Hillary Clinton (I assume whatever that was, it was intended as a criticism).

Pretty much fair game at that point.

Edit: Actually, worse than that, she was mocking Hillary’s fake illness. So if we all know Hillary’s illness is desperate GOP manufactured bullshit, well no harm done, but if we are supposed to believe it is actually true, then Palin is mocking Clinton’s injury. Which is it then?

5 Likes

2 Likes

the rocks you run

the reason I think you see only the comedians taking on the important news is because the important stuff is often boring expensive to investigate.

1 Like

This. Add the fact that simply making something “feel” real instead of actual journalism being treated as the truth and, welp, you suddenly have a host of voters who don’t trust any media because it doesn’t feel real.

Hence the meltdown of Turdblossom on Fox when the results of the 2012 election. The polls didn’t feel real so they weren’t. That guy wanted to argue with math facts, which just do not care.

1 Like

There’s a recent one with Newt, too on CNN, but I don’t have time right this minute to look for it…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.