Stephen Fry explains the vast superiority of UK healthcare to America's omnishambles, which Brexiteers hope to import

Projecting on themselves, but at least they’ve made their plan clear:

cut%20homeless%20in%20half

17 Likes

Never underestimate the power of voting. In a democracy you get what you vote for.

2 Likes

Never underestimate the power of Murdoch N̶e̶w̶s̶ propaganda.

1 Like

Which raises the question why he let Boris work for him for so long.
Oh, right - Boris’ logorrhoeic lies sold lots of copies.

4 Likes

Well, we can dream.

6 Likes

One hand washes the other.

The only person I ever voted for that I felt had even remotely fulfilled what I thought I wanted was the very first: Jimmy Carter, and look what happened to him. He made mistakes, but he put solar panels on the White House in the '70’s . Can you imagine where we’d be today if that example set by a president (and that’s all it was, however noble) had been developed and allowed to blossom unhindered?

2 Likes

An obvious analogy:

4 Likes

Oh they’re going to begin dismantling the NHS are they?

It’s been a desire of a certain breed of Tory whispered behind closed doors for as long as the Service has existed.

Talking about doing so is still outright political poison, though, so they have to wrap it in things like “improving efficiency” or in this case “taking back sovereignty”.

I’d sarcastically ask when exactly I’m going to start getting what I voted for, but I actually got what I voted for a couple of general elections ago and it turned out pretty badly, all told.

5 Likes

… and both can still remain unclean.

2 Likes
2 Likes

all hail junk science

I can’t but imagine a Celebrity BREXIT Deathmatch with Stephen Fry and Sir Patrick Stewart vs. John Cleese and (maybe) Lee Hurst.

That said, skip the Celebrity Deathmatch bullshit and get those people into a room, with a rolling camera and Tim Sebastian as a moderator.

1 Like

I mean, in principle that ought to be true. But the SCOTUS has ruled that american votes don’t really count for anything thanks to their decision that Political Gerrymandering is constitutional.

4 Likes

Conservatives don’t benefit from stability and the wellbeing of the population. They benefit by claiming to be able to provide stability and wellbeing. So when things are going well, the conservatives are obligated to ruin everything and make people upset and afraid so they can “fix” society again.

13 Likes

And undoubtedly do, though Boris seems to have made a career out of it. It’s that old saying we have down here, “Strap him to the side of a pig and roollll him in the mud.”

1 Like

Seems there is a marked loggorhoeic in the White House now, though he suffers more from Pseudologia Fantastica, I think, which is the need to lie even when it is unnecessary or when telling the truth would simply be easier.

https://www.aconsciousrethink.com/7043/pathological-compulsive-liars/

1 Like

Yep. My ear has been hurting for a week. I don’t want to spend $40 to wait for 30 minutes to see my doctor for 5 minutes, and then pay whatever my insurance company has arranged for medicine, so I sit here hoping it fixes itself.

If the voting field isn’t tilted, you might get what you vote for if enough people agree with you. Or you might not, if they don’t.

When the voting field is compromised, you get what the criminals want you to have, and you get the illusion of an option.

6 Likes

Gerrymandering isn’t some natural force that struck the country over night. It was created through and by elected politicians over several decades.

You haven’t even gotten adjacent to countering my argument.

4 Likes