Steve Bannon wants to deport Asian-born tech CEOs to preserve "civil society"

Delaware also accepts foreign corporate persons as immigrants. I bet it was originally named Boingski Boingski or something.

2 Likes

I imagine you’ll have serious problems if there’s a serious “Martians go home!” policy.

That was a very long time ago. IBM has changed it’s policies significantly since then. They explicitly stated in their letter to him that they will work against him if he violate’s IBM’s concept of inclusiveness.

What a coincidence, I want to deport Steve Bannon to preserve civil society.

11 Likes

Yup. Cory loves to make up fake headlines that are literally lies. I love BB but I skip every Cory story – can’t trust a word of what he posts anymore.

1 Like

you sound… Disappointed.

(you can always stick around and learn what that actually means)

1 Like

the KKK likely sees itself that way exactly.

3 Likes

In an alternate universe you arrived here well aware of the longstanding tradition of hyperbolic copywriting and headlining by a noted fictionalist, and were amused.

3 Likes

6 Likes

True enough, but it’s one I have backed up with facts and reason on my side.

Trump voiced concern over these students attending Ivy League schools and then going home: “We have to be careful of that, Steve. You know, we have to keep our talented people in this country,” Trump said.

When asked if he agreed, Bannon responded: “When two-thirds or three-quarters of the CEOs in Silicon Valley are from South Asia or from Asia, I think . . . ” he didn’t finish his sentence. “A country is more than an economy. We’re a civic society.”

We do need to establish where he was going with that sentence though.

When two-thirds or three-quarters of the CEOs in Silicon Valley are from South Asia or from Asia, I think . . .

• I’ve been schooled by Donald Trump for being too racist.
  • we can say that people from these areas are firmly established in our country.
  • I should backtrack on my racist insinuations that they have nothing to offer.
  • migrants are good for the economy.
  • you should ignore my previous comment about forcing people to return.

A country is more than an economy. We’re a civic society. We can’t start turning on our neighbours and colleagues.

6 Likes

But… do you? In a commercial education system, “people coming here” are customers bringing fresh money to the system and then pissing off as soon as the transaction is over. These are literally the best customers ever, they basically subsidise “native” students, universities love them. So no, you don’t really want to change anything there, and yes, with a certain mindset, you want to kick them out as soon as their cheques have cleared. If you have a market stall, you want people to come from afar to buy your product, but not to hang around or (horror!) opening their own stalls.

4 Likes

Breitbart made at least monthly print specials for a while. Half the articles would start out feinting to the Old Republic or whatever and 3 sentences in go all fact-based (but of course, handicapped for unreliability.)
Yes, the vein (where Jeff Sharlet might have a follow-on rate article approved or so,) appears to be gone or embedded in the ads (which needs must deprecate outside of VM test cases, where I can be interested in Republican-Oriented-Programming (in a world restricted to callbacks.))
Better? (So I looked again, and it is very disorienting that Breitbart.com’s not written in exactly one Cyrillic typeface.)

6 Likes

Where were these even distributed?

1 Like

Indeed, you did your work on it and you can gladly lay claim to it being your own, complete, opinion.

What did Voldy and Darth do to deserve inclusion on that list?

14 Likes

Also have you seen Steve Bannon? I imagine you could just speed walk away from him.

3 Likes

Of all the jokes to be made about his person, these cheap shots reveal the least about him and his nature.

1 Like

Well, but they have an exclusionary definition “community” no? It isn’t based on the actual people in their communities, but on who they think BELONGS in their communities with the “wrong” people being treated to terrorist acts?

3 Likes

Yeah I could do better but the coffee has yet to kick in…

3 Likes