Steven Mnuchin's wife makes fun of Instagram followers for not being as rich as she is

So much this. Because if her response was something akin to - “You’re right, this does seem on face value pretty abhorrent and I apologize for how it looks. additional statement as to why it is wrong and more apologies” - then at least it would feel slightly apologetic.

Even putting aside the very notion that she feeds the flame war, which in short speaks volumes to her character (or lack-thereof); its the fact in my opinion that she states “You’re adorably out of touch” which is so utterly tone-deaf to our current state of economic divide it is disturbing.

Well, this lady is a stellar example that money buys a lot of things but neither brains nor basic decency …

The entire post reads as though it was written by a spoiled teenager, but then again that’s how most ultra-wealthy people behave so I guess that shouldn’t surprise me.

The purge lists really write themselves these days.

She sure spent a lot of time replying to a tweet that should have been a snarky gif/meme.

0ORPKGR

Clicking through from the BBC had me at UK Member of Parliament Louise Mensch’s twitter account. She awesomely describes herself thusly…

“Unhinged British witch” “a textbook succubus”- Russian Insider

That’s an insult to actual witches, British or not…

“The Aristocrats!”

Post dutifully removed.

Oh, come on now; let’s not lower ourselves to that level.

I dislike this woman immensely just from what little I’ve read of her, but I won’t resort to shaming her that way.

I prefer to trash her on her shitty attitude and the messed up things she posted.

Doesn’t that glommed in with her sleeping with the enemy?

:wink:

Well, the first two words are accurate, anyways.

@frauenfelder, why not a more needling headline? I suggest something like, “Slightly stupid Scottish snowflake Louise Linton rubs her unearned privilege in the nation’s face.”

I kind of respect Mensch. At least she’s not stupid, and for a long time she was practically the only voice opposing the railroading of Tim Hunt.

Wouldn’t it would be awesome if some decent people were elected into office/ raised to celebrity? It happens occasionally I suppose, but our society has created so many massively successful reprobates.

I know that there are Obamas/Adam Savages/LeBrons out there, but with all the rich and famous sociopaths we’re inundated with I’m discouraged.

Our society’s displayed priorities are pretty gross atm.

I don’t know too much about her. But just enjoyed the self-deprecating description.