Stimulating the tongue with electricity reduces tinnitus

have been licking the wall socket, am in hospital now, please advise

Because, what could possibly go wrong?

1 Like

Most of my hearing loss is from playing in bands. I would frequently lick the 9-volt batteries in my effects pedals to see if they had sufficient power to last through a gig.

I also don’t have tinnitus.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

So… Iicking a 9-volt battery may be more than just a way to check out its power level? :grimacing: + -

In the 70s, a friend of mine worked at an electronics store that had a bin of 10-cent batteries that customers could take their chances on. Most days, a guy they called The Battery Geek would come in and proceed to test the 9V batteries on his tongue, calling out “This one’s good” and so on. One day, this friend saw this gentleman heading in, and put a fresh 35V hearing aid battery, which looked much the same as a 9V, only larger, on top of the bin. The Geek went right for it, put it to his tongue, reacted visibly, stated “‘AT ONE’ GOO’!”, and left, never to return.

[important edit: He didn’t say whether it had any effect on his tinnitus, if he had any.]

I don’t have to miss it. It’s what my ‘ringing’ sounds like–that good old 15,750 cycles. (More or less–it’s an elusive pitch, and if I’m any sort of guesser, it’s better this way than having a clearly identifiable tone would be.) I hardly need to carry an entertainment device nowadays, as I can just shut my eyes and watch my sparks and floaters while listening to my ears.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.