Storms in Britain caused by gay marriage, says local politician

The whole British Isles must have been up there with Gomorrah before 1945, but then plainly things got better: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_casualties_of_war

(Why he lumps wars in with natural disasters, I have no idea.)

God causes all the bad things to happen, even the things done by people, donā€™t you know. Look at the American fundamentalists blaming 9-11 on the gays (and ā€œpagans, abortionists, feministsā€¦ the ACLUā€¦ā€).

Well, the storms are being caused, in large part, by heterosexuals being ok with gay marriage. I think it works for heterosexuals too, if you have extramarital sex (especially if you do more than just the missionary position), or join the ACLU, etc. The problem is that you donā€™t know what the outcome of the wizardry will end up being. According to these guys, you could be responsible for anything and everything! Maybe itā€™ll be a storm, maybe an earthquake, maybe terrorism, maybe an increase in teenage pregnancies or the crime rate, maybe even your favorite TV show getting canceled. Who knows what impact your blasphemous influence will have?

2 Likes

Boohoo! Itā€™s on Soundcloud. Iā€™ve never managed to ever listen to anything on that site.

Well going by thosefigures we really should start encouraging same sex relationships to appease the storm gods.

People like this often go on about the monarchā€™s duty to be a ā€œdefender of the faithā€, forgetting that this was a title given to Henry VIII for his work defending the Popeā€™s supremacy and opposing upstart Protestants.

You canā€™t argue with facts!

In fairness, the prevailing reaction to this man here in the UK has been for most of us to point our fingers and laugh at the poor dancing chimp nutcase, including the wondrous UKIPWeather twitter feed, which nails it comprehensively he is being roundly laughed at. Deservedly

Gormless - great word. Used much too in the North of England

What I find nonsensical in the idiotā€™s statement is the reference to the Queenā€™s coronation oath. As if an arbitrary undertaking made by one person sixty years ago should be somehow binding on the entire country in perpetuity.

The UK constitution works much better than the US. Our country was founded by a bunch of ignorant savages whose idea of a good time was painting themselves blue and setting fire to a few hundred people caged up in a wicker man. The ruling classes have always been brutes installed by force of arms. Consequently it is much easier to dismiss their pretensions to legitimacy then in the US where the Constitution was written up by the twelve apostles and the flag sewn by the virgin Mary.

Actually the idea that the Roman empire was brought down by licentious sexual behavior was a commonplace until Gibbons started writing his Decline and Fall. Only by the time he got to the end he realized that it was the Christianity thing that had rather more to do with the imperial collapse than the orgies which were several centuries in the past by the time the Goths sacked Rome.

Umm, maybe not. The idea has been pushed hard by a couple of scholars but there really isnā€™t as much to back it up as they claim. The ancient world did not have a mass media and there was simply no medium by which morals could be standardized on any scale until the rise of the Christian church in Constantineā€™s day. Talking about ā€˜the Romansā€™ as a homogenous group is rather silly to start with. Extrapolating theories of sexuality from incomplete references makes for interesting speculation but thats about all.

3 Likes

Yeah, and he is incredibly fugly too boot.

No, Iā€™m saying that flying chicken would not work on Pluto.

Iā€™d like to ask the people who voted for him, ā€œAre you suffering any buyerā€™s remorse? And, if not, WHATā€™S WRONG WITH YOU?ā€

It doesnā€™t surprise me that there are people who believe this sort of thing. What does surprise me is when such people have enough popular support to be elected. I realize people may not have realized he was this loony when they voted for him, and, while I donā€™t know how it works in Britain, I know from experience that recalling a local politician, however unpopular, is difficult.

But if heā€™s re-elected after this itā€™s not his sanity Iā€™m going to be questioning. Itā€™s that of his supporters.

My welsh grandmother used the word a lot, though typically to refer to spineless or character-less individuals, rather than loonies.

God is well know for having crap aim.

But he always manages to hit Florida!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.