Streamer delivers savage take-down of sexist BS in her chat

Originally published at: Streamer delivers savage take-down of sexist BS in her chat | Boing Boing

11 Likes

That was great, call out the Schrödinger’s ‘jokers’ is the best way to remove the normalcy.

25 Likes

That was a great take down. Also, what game was she playing?

10 Likes

Boom! Take that, dickhead.

Especially awesome that she did that while not missing a step in that game. :flushed:

37 Likes

“You think you’re the hero of your own story, but you are a footnote in everyone else’s.”

Phew. Now THAT is a good line.

42 Likes

holy carp. “A footnote in everyone else’s” was a helluva finishing move. Well played.

26 Likes

“Fatality.”

17 Likes

Ugh, why did I read the replies… :expressionless:

Excellent take-down, and though I doubt it changed the jackass’s mind, it probably stuck with other viewers, which is always good.

7 Likes

I believe that was Dead By Daylight.

7 Likes

I say that a lot about the BBS. For every logged-in user, there are thousands of anonymous ones. You may be debating a topic between yourself and another member, but it’s those thousands of others that are really your audience, and many of them may not have made up their minds yet on a topic. Take-downs like these can influence people far beyond those involved in the actual exchange as a result.

43 Likes

17 Likes

THAT would definitely make the 1% shrink by 99%.

3 Likes

I think that may be where some folks’ heads are at, when they reply in a combative fashion to something a poster didn’t actually say. It’s performative–a jumping off point–more than it is them replying to what was written.

I’d like to think that anyways, instead of someone just being a jerk and taking issue with something that wasn’t said or even implied. This is not that kind of place, generally.

5 Likes

I love everything about her response. Not just calling him out but also dressing down his shitty “it’s just a joke” line. When it comes to bad behavior there is no such thing as “it was just a joke”, a decision was made to be a shitty person to someone that didn’t deserve to be treated that way.

14 Likes

14 Likes

So refreshing. And a great example for those of us who don’t always have the right words to respond in the moment.

6 Likes

There was a lot more depth to that than I expected.

6 Likes

Fantastic!

1 Like

Eviscerating with compassion!

4 Likes

I’d buy you a beer anytime! Don’t take that shit. Well done.

3 Likes