Study: Eating beef jerky could lead to mental illness

Give that person a cigar.

1 Like

3 Likes

I don’t understand why they specify “cured meats like jerky” as containing nitrates/nitrites.

A great many processed meats (your baloney, your bacon, anything “red” that has to look “red”…) have nitrates/nitrites.

Why the emphasis on just “jerky”? (Does it typically have significantly more?)

2 Likes

Good point, good question. And what about some of those expensive Italian or Spanish hams - are they just “time” or “time and nitri/ates”. What about a good saucisson sec? Too many questions - must do some research.

3 Likes

Snap into a Slim Jim Slim Jim will make you snap!

3 Likes

I love that Krave stuff but it’s spendy! I’ll buy a bag or two when I’m flying across the country, though. A nice hit of protein.

1 Like

Oleo the humanity!

1 Like

And the secret is … refrain from dying.

3 Likes

I’m a little disappointed that the cause of issues were Nitrates as opposed to finding out that the jerky was actually soylent green. That would have been more interesting to me.

1 Like

This must be what happened to Macho Man Randy Savage.

1 Like

I wonder if that applies to dried seafood.

I am a fiend for Japanese dried squid

1 Like

How does Soylent Green jerky taste?

Depends on the people.

I love dried fish, squid and octopus. Omg, every time i’m at the korean market next to me i just have to buy some. Bonus, i usually don’t have to share since everyone things i’m crazy for eating it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

“I’m skeptical of the conclusions reached here.”
raw

3 Likes

Exactly. I read the whole paper…the authors are aware that their sampling methods are not the best. In that light this BB headline should be:
“Eating beef jerky could lead to mental illness, but it also could not.”

Anyone remembers the study about bald men and aggressive behavior? It’s the same story.

1 Like

Nice try Fake News, you don’t get to blame the 2016 election on good old American beef jerky.

1 Like

Unfortunately my wife doesn’t have such aversions. I always have to share.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.