Subscriptions

This sounds a bit like the RPS Supporter idea, where you also get access to some semi-exclusive posts that show up on the main page later.

Without any guilty feelings, of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what Tested.com does. There is exclusive content available to premium members.

We’ve thought of doing something whereby people give us money and get The Web as She Should Be, but always wanted it to be very rewarding and uniquely rewarding, with all sorts of cool stuff (such as the user badge, but also things like short-run books and tees), so it never quite coalesced into a product.

We did almost invent lootcrate along the way, though.

And should have, obviously.

9 Likes

Yes but that is a shitload of work, and the worst kind, ongoing never-stops-work, therefore unlikely to happen.

And then there’s this effect:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/7034934/my-box-of-bullsht-came

Whereas selling $10 yearly emailed certificates of support through your existing store infrastructure, seems rather simple and easy.

1 Like

Regs with a Sponsor badge should make TL4.

This sounds as a really good kiss idea. Gives people the possibility to support.
And some fluff like a batch or other small token of appreciation can be be nice.

I’m not for more privileges, buying such a thing is also the other way around, as reeder/user/participant showing your appreciation.

This can also be a good motivation: [quote=“enso, post:20, topic:71444”]
codinghorror: (this does nothing for the ad blocking requirement, though, if that is a requirement.)
Well…we can block our own ads, really.
[/quote]

But maybe to much on the intrinsic motivation side? Although I expect a lot of the people over here thrive on it.

I am much more inclined to buy the personally reviewed items over the stacksocial store plugs. I find reviews helpful even and would love to see more of those if referred sales do indeed generate income.

3 Likes

So long as we get a challenge coin and a secret handshake too.

4 Likes

Wait…no one showed you the secret handshake yet?

5 Likes

Clearly someone’s purchased the Complete Front-End Hacker Bundle

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 413 days. New replies are no longer allowed.