Suction-cup glass markers are a simple way to cut back on dishwashing

When I was a kid (and the same as a parent)… there was one glass by the bathroom sink, and one glass by the kitchen sink. Rinse it out a bit, rinse it off a bit, fill it up, drink.

1 Like

If I don’t use one of the colorful plastic cups then I end up filling the counterspace with cups that are probably mine but it’s best not to risk it. moral of the story: use colored cups. way easier than this suction cup deal

If your kids are putting their used glasses in the sink or dishwasher instead of leaving them on whatever flat surface happens to be nearby, they’re already better trained than every single one of my housemates. :persevere:

4 Likes

Our kids have different color water bottles that we keep in the fridge. That also seems to work well.

It’s tea mugs in our house, every day there’s a fresh crop scattered around the lounge.

1 Like

I can’t see those little sticky blobs staying on the glasses more than a couple of minutes before the kids have them on windows, mirrors, the dog, or any other surface they can stick to.

1 Like

I use the rubber bands that come on produce: variety of colors, constantly refreshing supply and FREE. Not enough colors for a party, but plenty and then some for the family.

You may already be in close quarters, but the rinse-n-reuse idea goes out the window when someone has a nasty cold or other illness. We use disposable plastic cups; if I am sick, I use a marker to write ‘plague cup’ on mine.

2 Likes

We use thick colored rubberbands that go around the glass. Each person has a permanent color band (I’m green, daughter is blue, wife is red) rather than having to remember which color we chose that day. Works amazingly well. Rinsing as was previously suggested has issues: Mainly and most commonly, glasses are often left when a person does not intend to be finished drinking but gets distracted. Also, it seems you would be more likely to pass on sickness by just rinsing, not sure about that. But using thick color rubber bands has been so easy, cheap and has drastically reduced our need for glass washing.

Brilliant solution!

I submit that if you aren’t being fully exposed to your family’s illnesses already, you’re almost certainly doing it wrong. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.