Suit: Wells Fargo sent contractors to break into our house, loot family treasures rescued from Nazis

You don’t, but I’ll tell you anyway; it blows towards apathy and complaisance. The worst has come and gone and there has been little change - actually, if anything the power structures have been reinforced, not torn down. We are mollified by the appearance of democracy and the promise of hope and change, and maybe a slight increase in the minimum wage. The revolution came and our side lost. Forecast; sunny skies ahead!

5 Likes

[quote=“rasmussen_bryan, post:12, topic:64711”]
ok that’s a good point, on the other hand anyone that would take this job (unless they didn’t know what it was) would be something like a class traitor.[/quote]

I’m trying to think how this job would look to a day laborer, and I can’t find it in me to blame them.

If I’m that guy who goes down to the temp agency every morning at 6am and waits hopefully until his name is called, the last thing I’m going to do is carefully inspect the job I’m assigned (if I get one at all), because the first time I turn one down will be the last work I get with that particular temp agency.

When I arrive at the job site, I didn’t get there in my own car (I probably don’t own one) but rather I rode in a van owned by the temp agency. So if I have an attack of conscience, I will be sitting on the curb all day until the people who are never going to send another job my way are good and ready to take me back to their office.

And how would I know, when I got to the house, that the ransacking wasn’t legit? There’s probably a Sherrif’s Deputy on hand, and one or more guys in suits who reek of power, authority, and legitimacy.

From where I’m sitting, the poor shmuck carrying boxes out to the truck parked in front of the house is the least blameworthy guy in the crowd.

It’s the dicks in suits who have all the information, and they are the ones who need to fucking well go to prison for their crimes, but since the’ve already got a sloppy law enforcement agency on their side, it’s all good for them.

This is a problem that has to be fixed from the top down, with a few CEOs doing hard time to make the point stick.

7 Likes

Yeah that was why I said did’t know, on the other hand if a sheriff is there it better be the sheriff of Nottingham

1 Like

Having a been a day laborer cleaning out foreclosures in rural Oklahoma, I thought I could offer some perspective. Typically these aren’t guys from a temp agency. What happens is the job gets contracted out to a company–we’ll call it Dick Solutions Inc. DSI then goes onto Craigslist, and asks for bids to clean out the foreclosed home and change the locks.

Myself and my partner were very conscientious. It was obvious that the house hadn’t been lived in for a while. So everything was taken away and disposed of in a legal manner. Talking to a neighbor of the family that had lived there, the financial destruction of the former residents had not been a pretty affair.

The father had gotten seriously injured, and died. Mother succumbed to depression. The son started dealing hard drugs. I think they said the daughter did some meth, got teen-pregnant too. But all of this is neither here nor there. In addition to smashed and broken windows, there was cat shit in places.

This lawsuit is correctly targeted. And I hope Wells Fargo gets slammed with a huge financial penalty for it.

9 Likes

It’s beyond disgusting, but then this is the land of civil forfeiture :frowning:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.