Sunlight is the Best Disinfectant

This Is Fine GIF

Yep. Just ignore the fascists… that will make them go away when there is a large number of them already entrenched in power, passing violent laws against groups of people they hate… works every time!!! /s

19 Likes

Which fringe elements are you referring to? The ones who attempted to overthrow the government, or the ones who actually held the highest offices in the land until very recently? Or maybe the ones still holding high legislative offices? Or who control a number of very large states? At some point “the fringe” becomes meaningless when clearly, that fringe is actually the whole damned show.

20 Likes

It’s fringe until it impacts white dudes… after all, LGBQT+ people being allowed to have the same full rights as straight white cisgendered men is only a fringe issue, not an important one… Same with abortion rights… if us wimmins would stop whinging about having their bodily autonomy revoked, they’d stop passing laws restricting abortion… /s

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

17 Likes

For the reasons described above, pretending the fascists aren’t making threats of violence isn’t a good strategy. Nor, I’d add, is drawing false equivalencies.

16 Likes

14 Likes

What are you doing? Besides holding yourself out as more effective than everyone else?

4 Likes

They restored your account?

6 Likes

Grindr is better for that.

8 Likes
5 Likes

So - you’re just asking questions?

6 Likes

Sorry all. Carry on.

So I know who the fascists are but what are the names of people on the other side? Who is “other side” Trump? Who is “other side” MTG and Matt Gaetz? Who is “other side” meadows? When was the “other side” Jan 6th? Did it happen in the same Capitol or is there a different Capitol on the “other side?” What is the 'other side" q? Where is this “other side” extremist terrorist cell in our government?

As far as I can see it’s all a figment of the fascist party’s fabrication as a justification for terrorism and sedition.

14 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

Proving yet again that sunlight really is the best disinfectant.

9 Likes

So yesterday i posted (and subsequently deleted because it was off topic) a comment about “white replacement panic” in a different thread. I started out saying that I had read about it in various parts of the internet. I have since realized after doing more searches that the topic is a pernicious white supremacist conspiracy theory. The whole thing makes no sense, as I mentioned in my comment, so it’s not really worth discussion.

I just wanted to reassure anyone who saw the comment that I don’t wallow in white supremacist websites, unless you count reddit, which is where I saw the phrase mentioned.

1 Like

I just don’t find this surprising or rage inducing. Guy has repeatedly shown himself to be god emperor of the tech bro douchebags. Where is the news in this news?

3 Likes

Fanbois aside, most of us know Musk’s an arsehole. However, this latest story shows a new level of awfulness and is newsworthy and deserving of being exposed to sunlight.

13 Likes

Clearly Musk’s own company thinks the news is noteworthy or they wouldn’t have paid the woman in question a quarter million dollars to stay quiet about it.

14 Likes

Unlike other things…

8 Likes