☭ Sup Marxists? ☭

3 Likes

5 Likes

From the tortilla thread

The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation, mix them with a little masa and make tortillas.

12 Likes
4 Likes

Oh noes… she’s human. How dare she… just like a woman, I say. Just like a woman.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Can I join?

3 Likes

Do you have a gun? Do you have an arm-band? Do you like kissin’ and shootin’ out in the woods?

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

Damn feminists. Ruining the Medusa.

Later, as women’s colleges began to open in the United States, the 19th-century painter Elihu Vedder imagined Medusa as a self-absorbed woman who petrifies herself by looking into a mirror. Sigmund Freud notably used the myth to explain his concept of castration anxiety. And as women rallied for the right to vote, various anti-suffrage postcards linked suffragettes to the monster. Concerns about gender and power continued into the 1940s when the writer Philip Wylie, in his invective Generation of Vipers, evoked Medusa (and her Gorgon sisters Stheno and Euryale) in order to urge readers to resist the women who had entered the work force after the first two world wars. By then, Medusa’s history as a rape victim had been erased from the cultural consciousness. She had simply become a woman with a terrifying potential power to emasculate men.

Oh.

4 Likes

That’s rather timely, considering that I was just Flash Gorgon for Halloween. No, not Rick Sanchez.

I like the article, which reflects what has been on my mind lately. I disagree that Medusa is used to “criticise” powerful women, because the promised critique never comes. Although she is at times used to symbolize them, with varying degrees of self-awareness. I agree that there is often a degree of castration anxiety involved, which I find rather entertaining. But I disagree that clueless use of the image of Medusa as a symbol somehow undoes the original mythology of the figure, since it has always been available for any to read.

5 Likes

What a great mash-up!

3 Likes

14 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

11 Likes

hello it’s me a small queer burgeoning anarcho-communist what’s up guys

9 Likes

I was expecting something like this to happen, just not quite this soon.

After all, as quoted a few times there

Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.

Karl Marx - [Address of the Central Committee to the Communist League, March 1850] (Address of the Central Committee to the Communist League by Marx and Engels)

2 Likes

photo-pull:

@Mister44 - without looking at the Reddit comments, can you identify the tools shown in the photo?

8 Likes