☭ Sup Marxists? ☭

Big Gary, Tina, Larry, Little Gary, Jimmy Three Times, Clarence.

Just kidding.

It is just two AR-15s on the left and right, and a Marxist doing it right in the middle with an AK variant, but I can’t tell if it is an AK-47 or an AK-74 clone - which are the two most popular AK models - though there are tons and tons of clones, as every Warsaw Pact and Soviet Bloc country made their own versions and called it something else.

Though the guy on the right… something is weird about it. The magazine looks too straight, is at an odd angle, and I should be able to see the ridge at the magazine well. Sooo, this could be just a weird angle/low res photo and that is why. Or it could be like a paintball gun or possibly something weird. They do make an AR15 that uses AK magazines the same bullet, but those magazines have a much greater curve to the magazine, like the one in the middle.

4 Likes

So was there a point to asking, or just curious?

3 Likes

Reddit comments get into detail - including which country-specific variation is being toted.

3 Likes

How do I see the reddit comments - and yes, if you are into AKs, there are people who know the 1001 variants. They don’t really interest me, so I just have a general knowledge.

When it comes to collectors, you can have a display of like 50 guns that look more or less the same, even identical to the untrained eye, but each one is a different year or from a different factory, or has a different proof mark. I’ve seen some neat collections at “collectors shows”, where they have displays like 50 Walther P-38s.

3 Likes

… go to Reddit?

1 Like

LOL - isn’t Reddit a massive site? I’d get lost with out a link but I see, it is above, needed to scroll up more.

Skimming I see someone pointed out it was a Hungarian AKM. Did anyone call out the right AR being weird? Again, it could just be the angle and low res.

1 Like

You don’t approve of Red Terror? Are you some sort of kulak?

2 Likes

I can offer you assurance, Comrade, that we are not lacking in khu. This season we have a surplus of khu to share.

1 Like

Мясо гнило, но водка сильна, товарищ!

3 Likes

something about this thread

prompted me to reread

6 Likes

I know it’s early but I’ll forget if I wait.

I wonder if Freedom Press ever had a Santa’s Grotto at it’s bookshop.

5 Likes
16 Likes

I made this its own topic, but I guess I could have just as easily posted it here:

3 Likes

That’s kind of hilarious… but how likely is it that someone would know that picture is of Stalin. Most people probably wouldn’t recognize him from his younger days and only know what he looked like as an older man?

8 Likes

There’s apparently a beard style called the Balbo so it was only a matter of time before someone invented a hairstyle called the Stalin.

1 Like

To be sure, the Soviets attempted to instill a belief in public duty over there, but nothing like that ever actually took root. Everyone saw the system as corrupt, and in a peculiar way that was a self-fulfilling prophecy. And because of this difference, it is difficult for the Russians to really understand the American way of looking at things.

They, like some Europeans and most Americans, didn’t get past aristocracy. They created the intelligentsia as a replacement, but the fit wasn’t nearly as good as the “capitalists” of Western market oligopolies. Totalitarianism was a natural response to a system where the people in nominal power were eliminated on the whim of the dear leader.

Russia has belatedly made the switch back to shitty rich people, but they are behind. They face a douche-gap.

3 Likes

¡Hasta la Victoria Siempre! Descansa en paz comrade Fidel.

2 Likes

sent this to my partner/comrade. his response:

7 Likes

I think I’ll prefer to keep calling that beard the Jimmy

2 Likes

I would totally get that haircut if I could still grow hair