Super-Fun-Pak Comix, feat. Chaos-Butterfly-Man, A Modest Proposal, Ltd., and MORE!

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/06/super-fun-pak-comix-feat-cha.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH Super-Fun-Pak Comix features: Prayers Answered; Percival Dunwoody, Idiot Time Traveler from 1909; etc. etc.

15 Likes

These are all winners. I like the comic grab-bag format. Life choices GPS is one of the better joke ideas I’ve seen in a while, and well carried out. A+ will read again.

17 Likes

Superb as always, though the pedant in me yearns to point out that Chaos-Butterfly-Man is actually the Determinator in that chaos theory describes the fundamental mathematical unpredictability of complex systems and he can evidently predict the outcome. I guess my point is that we need to capture him for study. Unfair to him? Pretty much, but this fine fellow could well hold the answers to the underlying nature of causality

11 Likes

“Bear God”? Yes he is.

11 Likes

Fozzie%20Bear%20-%20Not%20Wrong%2C%20Just%20Wrong%20For%20Me

29 Likes

go, bear god, go!

11 Likes

Ruben always delivers but this is one of the best for a while, superb!

2 Likes

Rube they’re all good but the Life Choices GPS is killer.

6 Likes

Genius. I’m digging the “Sponsored” section, too.

6 Likes

My little one was reading over my shoulder and loved Chaos-Butterfly-Man. He had no idea of the concept and it lead to a great discussion.

6 Likes

"Life choices GPS is meant as a joke, but just the other day I was wishing my GPS could follow me into the store, and help me remember where my shopping list items were. And steer me away from the bad stuff. And keep me on track with what Id promised to do next. I thought about using it in another (mumble) decades to help me as my memory failed. The time to get used to this stuff is now, while I still have a little neuroplasticity left.

4 Likes

I was disappointed to discover that ThisOneIsActuallyReal.org is not actually real.

7 Likes

Yikes, I missed that one. That whole sidebar looks exactly like the crap that always trails a legit BB post, my eye slid right past without noticing it was part of the comic.

7 Likes

The chumbox is useful.

clickheretogoonalistofmostgulliblesuckers.com

2 Likes

Unlike all those fictionally absurd superheroes wallowing in the media today, he could potentially be Chaos-Butterfly-Man and may have already have started on that career. Start thinking about that costume!

2 Likes

Life choice GPS feels like lighter fare in the same vein as Kelly Sandoval’s (IMHO) brilliant and heart tugging short story Everyone Will Want One.

But, isn’t everyone Chaos Butterfly Man?

1 Like

I liked his cool costume; that’s my nature.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

The sponsored, click-baity sidebar is spot on - now where have I seen something like that before… :thinking:

Everyone can be a superhero, but you probably don’t want to be.

3 Likes