Super-Fun-Pak Comix: the gang's all here

Originally published at: Super-Fun-Pak Comix: the gang's all here | Boing Boing

12 Likes

… and later the same year Daryl Hall, John Oates and Frankensteins Monster started a not very sucessfull supergroup.

4 Likes

I thought “Hall and Oates Meet Frankenstein” would be a ripoff of “Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy.”

Instead it’s a ripoff of all Bolling’s previous Frankenstein comix.

So still funny.

5 Likes

They are actually Bolling’s previous Frankenstein’s monster comix

9 Likes

Well played sir, well played.

6 Likes

Hold up. There’s obviously some PR effort being run by their agent because this is the third reference to Hall & Oates that I’ve encountered this week.

3 Likes

Haulin’ Oats? Is that a euphemism, or the sign on a truck in the FREEEEEEEEEEE-DUM Convoy?

2 Likes

So what’s a “TEU”? I’ve not heard that term before, and Google isn’t helping.

Twenty-foot Equivalent Unit

A TEU or Twenty-foot Equivalent Unit is an exact unit of measurement used to determine cargo capacity for container ships and terminals.

This measurement is derived from the dimensions of a 20ft standardized shipping container. Because standard containers can be 20 or 40ft in length the capacity of a container ship can depend on the ratio of the two sizes.

In order to avoid confusion and standardize a ship’s capacity, the number of containers a ship can load is translated into a number of 20ft containers and that measurement is known as TEU. For example, one forty foot container is two TEUs.

3 Likes

Try adding site:reddit.com /s

Edit: Just curious, what did you try on google? for me, searching teu had the correct wikipedia link as the top result.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.