Super Pocket: Atari, Capcom, Taito and Technos classics in ready-to play form

Originally published at: Super Pocket: Atari, Capcom, Taito and Technos classics in ready-to play form - Boing Boing

2 Likes

I’ve been eyeing these Evercade devices for a while. I think the Super Pocket is the form factor that I prefer. The games on the Super Pocket are built-in (not a removable cartridge), but it does mean you can plug in other games. I wish you could go the other way and move the Taito games onto another evercade system, but alas the licensing didn’t work out that way. Because the Taito collection is by far the strongest offering, or at least have the most games I think hold up well today. (Bubble Bobble and The NewZealand Story)

If you haven’t checked out Evercade, it’s like a cartridge system for legally owning old games. The cartridge goes into a mini arcade cabinet or one of a few different handheld form factors. With a library for everything from 2600, Intellivision and C64 era stuff to Playstation 1, and everything inbetween. 537 games listed on the website, most cartridges contain a few to a dozen or so games.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.