Supergirl actress Melissa Benoist brought the best sign to Saturday’s Women’s March

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/23/supergirl-actress-melissa-beno.html

13 Likes

I smell awesomeness!

2 Likes

I’m a fan of this sign.

Because the art nouveau lettering adds to the contrast.

34 Likes

They should have been wearing white, but otherwise it’s perfect!

7 Likes

made me love her even more!

Purple and green were also suffragette colours.* Notice that the sashes are tricoloured.

*with a “u” since they’re in the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2015/oct/08/suffragette-style-movement-embraced-fashion-branding

9 Likes

Indeed, Unison, the union I’m a member of, got their colour scheme from the Women’s Suffrage Movement; Purple and Green.

10 Likes

My Flickr set of the Portland protests has a lot of great signs:

(I also heard some great chants:

“We will not
Go away
WELCOME TO YOUR FIRST DAY!”

“We need a leader
Not a creepy Tweeter!”

23 Likes

Two of my favorites here in Atlanta were a photo of Trump yelling with “Does this ass make my sign look big?” written beneath, and “Melania – blink twice if you need help!”

Yeah, I know – mean-spirited examples in an otherwise upbeat, uplifting march, but they did give me a chuckle.

10 Likes

“Does this ass make my sign look big?” is probably one of the less mean-spirited anti-Obama posters.

2 Likes
8 Likes

Just when I thought I couldn’t find Melissa Benoist (or Ian McKellen) any more adorable, they go and do things like this.
Utterly delightful.

5 Likes

No Woman of Kleenex here!

5 Likes

My friend made a similar sign. He got more picture requests than Slave Leia at Star Wars Celebration.

8 Likes

Here’s a better look.

13 Likes

I may not enjoy the show any more, but I admire this young lady!

13 Likes

Ian McKellen holding a Patrick Stewart sign is meta as f**k. Even Magneto can’t stand this.

8 Likes

Excellent! If Trump tried to grab it, she’ll squeeze and break it off!

2 Likes

brutal

2 Likes