This sign just about sums it up

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/20/this-sign-just-about-sums-it-u.html

14 Likes

Please tell me that’s a real sign, and not one of those do-it-yourself Photoshop websites!

11 Likes

I got my actually real sign ready for #WomensMarch in Portland. Front and back:

Printing and laminating cost about $8.00.

56 Likes

Alas… in my experience, Methodists generally aren’t so pithy.

14 Likes

“The end is nigh!!!”

7 Likes

35 Likes

‘Resist’ is amazing! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Red, white & blue is greater than orange…did you come up with that? Because it’s stellar! I might have to steal that for tomorrow.

19 Likes

you need to meet more methodists

3 Likes

I like this one:

47 Likes

I love the RESIST poster, but the pic doesn’t have enough resolution to see if the fascist hydra heads all have orange toupees or not… I am assuming yes… other than that I too am loving the red/white/blue > cheeto

Nicely done!

4 Likes

Also a great track by Turbonegro!

1 Like

There is no way that is a picture of @stefanjones, someone has hacked his account. There’s no gleefully maniacal expression, this is obviously a shoop.

6 Likes

Fucking A dude, fucking A!

1 Like

All of the art on that poster is by Patrick Farley, who first came to fame via Electric Sheep Comics. He went kind of silent over the last year, then after the election began posting protest art on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/blueshifter

Hi-res versions can be found on WokeGiant:

“RESIST” is under Posters. Yeah, I think he missed a beat not putting toupees on at least one of the hydra heads.

I printed out the 11 x 17 posters at a FedEx store for $1.15 or so. Lamination cost me $3.99.

11 Likes

A friend just texted me about some images she’s thinking of putting on a sign for tomorrow, and accidentally used a group text, so my daughter who’s still in high school responded with a ?? and I explained to her what was going on. Then, I showed her the image from above and said I was thinking of putting it on a t-shirt for tomorrow because I can’t carry a sign. Here’s her response:

i like the design and it gets across the idea but i don’t think it’s the best design for what we’re trying to do. of course it’s against trump, but when arguing with someone you don’t insult them, but their ideas

but i understand how it makes sense and it’s a clever design

and yes he’s orange which is funny but that turns the protest into us being against his skin color or his looks which are superficial things especially when looking at the actual harmful things he is saying and that we let become president

that’s just my piece on it

Have faith in the younger generation. They’re going to pull their weight in helping us get through this.

24 Likes

The red white and blue greater than orange would be a fucking amazing bumper sticker.

13 Likes

My version of that joke is;

A racist, a homophobe, and an islamophobe walk into a bar. The bartender says: “Please hold your cabinet meeting elsewhere, gentlemen.”

15 Likes

I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

18 Likes

I am no longer pleasantly surprised when they say incredibly perceptive, thoughtful, and wonderful things, I just expect it from them now. And it’s sad too, because they get a lot of shade thrown their way.

15 Likes