The “Atheist Street Pirates” remove illegal religious signs from Los Angeles streets

Originally published at: The "Atheist Street Pirates" remove illegal religious signs from Los Angeles streets | Boing Boing

18 Likes

Always Sunny Thumbs Up GIF

15 Likes

already published story by
@pesco

10 Likes

25 Likes

Perfect outsider art. It needs to be framed

I love the Michael Scott style ultimatum at the end…

10 Likes

While, no doubt, the spineless Agnostic Street Pirates stand around nearby and dither…

22 Likes

ALL signs attached to utility poles are illegal. ALL of them. Get the illegal “WE BUY HOUSES” and “Diabetic Strips” and all that crap.

6 Likes

I’m amazed this detailed, well-written, and absolutely free-of-bias article comes from a website called Religion News Service. They have similar, non-hysterical articles on Biden, Ukraine, Huma Abedin. Could this be… actual journalism?

8 Likes

The corplast ones can be repurposed.

https://www.familygardentrains.com/primer/structures/road_spam/road_spam.htm

7 Likes

I hope they’ll clean up those as well if they happen to see them. I’ve also heard that it’s better to slice them in half, rendering them useless for advertising but leaving the “carcass” as a warning to other would-be sign posters that the area is watched.

2 Likes

Dude, I got a yard sale coming up, and my cat got loose, what am I supposed to do with all these flyers?

6 Likes

i’m against whacko christians plastering signs all over the place as the next person, but man, atheists… they are the vegans of the religious world. wanna know who’s an atheist in the room? just wait, they’ll tell you.

5 Likes

Sorry you’ve had a scary experience with a vegan or an atheist. It can be overwhelming, I know. But draw courage from the knowledge that not all of either group conform to your prejudices.

Proselytizers of all stripes are annoying, and so are reactionary generalizers.

22 Likes

All babies are athiests

10 Likes

But are all athiests babies?

4 Likes

I get what’s going on here, it’s like those people that buy end-zone seats at American football games and hold signs up that usually say something like Juan 3:18 (I know, that’s not correct, natch). But what about those signs that were put up by the local govt that points the way to this or that church? IMO, that’s the government in the very first steps of establishing a state religion. Again, just my opinion, but those should be targeted too.

2 Likes

I can’t get over the fact that there’s an “Atheists United” because the least united “group” (using that word in the loosest possible way) would be atheists.
I bet their meetings are just shouting matches.
Also, as an atheist they’re totally wrong about what they’re doing and are stupid.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure theists would all get along great.

Funny, you just told me you’re neither atheist nor vegan, without even the excuse of needing to order food. I wish I could say that’s an exception, but…

17 Likes

Ime atheists are about average in the social toxicity scale and in that regard they are awful. Like most people. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13 Likes

Agreed. There’s a really obnoxious brand of vocal atheist, especially online, that also seems to be pretty cool with all the white supremacy and misogyny and MRA stuff. But let’s be clear…that really just brings them back in line with the rest of the conservative movement.

12 Likes