Superhero comic art in dub and reggae album covers

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/29/superhero-comic-art-in-dub-and-reggae-album-covers.html

7 Likes

That “Scientist Encounters Pac-Man” cover strongly resembles the style of the Newcleus “Jam On Revenge” album cover… wikki, wikki, wikki

1 Like

These covers are fantastic.
Was listening to this last night. Scratch Perry made some amazing tracks

7 Likes

Kung Fu Meets the Dragon: Damn. Looks like Scratch Perry is as concerned as I am about the weird appearance of his ankle.

Tons of atmosphere!

3 Likes

This is an awesome art niche. Here are two of my faves - the heavy metal cover has some incredible twisted perspective (not sure how his shoulder is working)

LSP ML

7 Likes

I feel there needs to be more to this article. For example, there’s Canadian blues rock band Big Sugar’s dub alter ego Alkaline, which is an obvious homage to the Scientist albums, especially the back art. And while not actually dub, Major Lazer is clearly not trying to hide the influence.

2 Likes

Those Scientist and Mad Professor records are so damn good. Thanks for reminding me that I need to track down more of them!

3 Likes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.