Supreme Court decision will rip away Dark Money's veil of secrecy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/20/citizens-untied.html

4 Likes

Da8KVl0UwAASFsv

14 Likes

I predict a couple of extra layers of translucent shell companies so that the wealthy can continue to funnel money into elections without the rest of us knowing where it came from. “Well Crossroads got most of their funding from Freedom USA and Liberty America. Liberty American and Freedom USA both received funding from the American Eagle Fund and Mom’s Apple Pie partnership.” etc. etc…

10 Likes

Dark money is overwhelmingly spent in favor of “conservative” issues that exacerbate inequality and strip rights from poor people.

While I don’t disagree with you @doctorow, I’d love to have a citation that I could provide my conservative friends and family.

3 Likes

A Russian doll, if you will.

13 Likes

Ha! I WILL!

2 Likes

If there’s any one thing the American electorate is known for it’s doing their due diligence and making sure that they’re well-informed by credibly vetted parties!

5 Likes

Then they’ll be sealed again if Kavanaugh is approved.

2 Likes

You nearly owe me a new keyboard. Well played.

3 Likes

I think we an confidently expect the entire Congress to come together in a bipartisan effort to prevent this disclosure.

3 Likes

Dark money groups are cowards, plain and simple. They believe they are being clever but they’re just pathetic little weenies poking at citizens and hiding.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.