Suspected "Chinese spy balloon" was spotted over Montana yesterday — and is still flying over the U.S

Yeah, about that…

22 Likes
9 Likes

Hey, it’s just satire!

/s

(Fox “News” having won a court case with that defense makes them the optimum exemplum of that ratty little far-right move, “Hey, I was just joking!”)

9 Likes

No, but I would like them to at least push back on stupid things said. Remember when we were seeing near daily trouncings of Peter Doocy from the press office in articles here on BoingBoing? I think similar things would be warranted in this case. I would have liked to have seen better messaging from the white house on this, and it’s not even the first thing this white house has had bad messaging on.

We’re not the other guy, we don’t have to call people names or be jerks, but what’s the difference between him saying “I’ve ordered the military to shoot it down at its earliest conveience” and “it doesn’t pose a threat so we’re not shooting it down?” That second statement is what the white house said on wednesday. Now we find out that no, he ordered the shoot down on wednesday?

At least one thing that’s going to happen if this thing does go to congressional hearings is we’ll likely hear about the three times this happened to the Trump administration and they didn’t act either.

Never happened, at least that’s what he’s saying.

4 Likes

15 Likes

sure, madge.
you have a seat on the homeland security committee, yes?
and you just openly called out the pentagon as liars.
bold move, madge. perhaps you should start a congressional investigation of top pentagon officials for this? i am sure that will get you tRump’s blessing and maybe even the vp nod?
sure.

13 Likes

Carlson has previously said he was rooting for Russia in the conflict in Ukraine, which he later claimed was a joke following widespread condemnation.

:roll_eyes:

16 Likes

yes, it’s true. none of the balloons during the trump administration were from china. actually santos sent them from brazil. he owns a balloon company there you know. (/s)

12 Likes

Spy balloon

6 Likes

ETA

5 Likes
3 Likes

Yawn.

2/10

Toothless and boring (IMHO).

2 Likes

That particular cast member hasn’t made me laugh once. Maybe I’m missing something. :man_shrugging:

1 Like
2 Likes

Somebody must have told Marge it actually happened and maybe her guy should have been reading those daily briefings.

9 Likes

Trump’s impregnable ignorance strikes again.

9 Likes

“we must investigate and hold accountable those who broke rank”
called it!
oh, madge! you’re so… predictable!

9 Likes

I prefer bowen yang’s performances when he doesn’t wear weird costumes.

He recently played George Santos and he’s been playing a lot of the game show hosts-- though that’s very often Kenan’s role.

1 Like

And if it turns out Trump was given the intel and chose not to do anything, or didn’t read the report, what penalty should be levied against him, Empty G? Let’s agree upon that before we waste any taxpayer money on an investigation.

8 Likes