Sweden reopens rape case, plans to request Assange extradition

Yeah, you’re right.

I just find it all a little like asking if the Chicago Cubs will ever break the Curse of the Billy Goat, in 2019.

2 Likes

My intuitive, non scientific guess is that attack ads don’t change minds so much but they could get out the vote for supporters or discourage a vote for people who grow distaste for the person being attacked. Like I doubt that any significant number of would-be Clinton voters changed their mind to vote for trump, but I’m sure some of them came to the conclusion that she was “just as bad” and stayed home on Election Day.

2 Likes

Anyone else notice this thing, that Chelsea Manning is constantly sacrificing herself to jail and punishment to uphold her beliefs, and Assange has been all about avoiding trial for fear of punishment? Seems like a lopsided relationship there. I dunno. I sorta feel like if you know something is illegal and you do it anyway because you feel like it’s for the greater good, you face the punishment willingly. This is like the norm in civil disobedience and protest. Maybe I’m off base here. I don’t think anyone is suggesting capital punishment for Assange, right? America isn’t Russia. He’s not likely to be disappeared here.

2 Likes

I’m sure he sees himself as too important to go to jail…

No, and it’s highly unlikely he’ll get a capital charge, either.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.