Swell Season, from the lovely film Once, reuniting for US tour (video)

Originally published at: Swell Season, from the lovely film Once, reuniting for US tour (video) | Boing Boing

2 Likes

grin GIF

4 Likes
1 Like

The live set from Milwaukee that’s included with the deluxe edition of Strict Joy is still one of my absolute favorite things to listen to. Thank you, BoingBoing, for introducing me to these wonderful folks way back when!

2 Likes

We had Once showing on the tele autorepeat for what seemed like years.

2 Likes

I saw Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova perform together in Oakland maybe ten years ago, and if you’re at all a fan of the movie, this is a concert you won’t want to miss - they’re both incredibly talented and charismatic performers.

After being blown away by the movie I spent several years listening to whatever I could find by the two artists. I saw the Frames perform and went back through their catalog and tracked Hansard’s solo material, and I wish I could say I found much to love. He has near-John Lennon level stage presence, but I think pretty much everything he has to say as an artist found its strongest expression in the stuff he did for Once, and I’ve found almost everything else to be mediocre.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.