Swiss government declares that coffee is not essential for survival

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/12/swiss-government-declares-that.html

3 Likes

What about contributing to well-being and sanity?

38 Likes

What about contributing to me not killing half the residents of my Vault one bad morning?

46 Likes

It may not be essential for life, but it does make life worth living…

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

20 Likes

26 Likes

I switched to tea a while back and have better sleep and get the same focusing effect from a bit of EARL GREY - HOT that I did from 2-3 espressos.

Also now I can save coffee for when I actually need it (ex: switching time zones)

15 Likes

I think this is one of those Vault-Tec experiments.

27 Likes

That’s pretty much part of the Swiss condition from conception onwards, really.

5 Likes

If anything does happen they may live to regret this decision! Think of all the caffeine withdrawal headaches!

3 Likes

they can get their caffeine from chocolates

14 Likes

Excellent point.

2 Likes

I always thought the Dutch were the worst.

Now I see the truth. God damn fucking Swiss. Feckless savages the lot of em.

9 Likes

I guess chocolates have calories – but I wonder if candy (and dessert for that matter) is stockpiled.

4 Likes

I guess they’ll feel pretty stupid when they’re prying all that coffee out of their citizens’ cold dead hands.

5 Likes

I’ve been completely decaf for decades. I recommend it.

3 Likes

Decaf as in still some caffeine, or decaf as in no coffee at all?

3 Likes

Nope, nope, nope. And by the way, FUCKING NO!!! I gave up caffeine for Lent one year, many moons ago. My nurses made me promise never to do that to them again.

31 Likes

I beg to differ. Coffee is very much important for survival. More for other people’s safety than my own physical well being.

12 Likes

It is by Caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shake, the shake becomes a warning. It is by Caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

38 Likes

Tea is ok, i switched to it last year for almost 2 months and it was just not working for me. I felt more tired, took way longer to get my energy levels up, and i would get constant migraines. Thought after sticking to it for as long as i did my body would adjust but it never did. So i’m back to coffee.

6 Likes