Synchronized fire dancers really put on a show

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/20/synchronized-fire-dancers-really-put-on-a-show.html

4 Likes

Makes me wonder how they chose that name.

As long as they don’t do this in California or Oregon…

3 Likes

I am the god of hellfire!

1 Like

I don’t think “guys waving flamethrowers around” qualify as dancers. I expected scantily-clad teams of torch-jugglers. Not impressed here.

2 Likes

It’s not the people who are dancing, it’s the fire that is dancing.

3 Likes

I’d rather not see wildfires dancing in my area.

Wow, that actually seemed less safe than a Colin Furze video. Not just unsafe to perform, but unsafe to be near, as the performers swept the muzzles of their flamethrowers past the audience. And I doubt all the materials in that bandshell were flameproof. Certainly the audience was not.

I’m a fan of fire sculpture, I love watching behind the scenes videos on performing fire stunts, but I did not enjoy watching this. It just seemed too cringy in terms of danger to the audience and the performers.

It is a fire show club, and an annual fire festival, so I suspect there might be one or two people around who have a clue, and the audience might know what to expect.

1 Like

That doesn’t mean it is safe, though.

I thought it was just coals, they can be very sparky.

3 Likes

You might be right! I was guessing they were shaking lyco out like a salt shaker, but coals make more sense for a bunch of reasons.

2 Likes

The first rule of fire club is no pyrophobes allowed! And safety, pssh… eyebrows and skin can (usually) grow back!

2 Likes

So, is it a boy or a girl?

Asking for some a-holes.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.