Take a look at fake rain in Dubai created by cloud-seeding technology

If a light rain turns driving in L.A. into an End of Days experience on the roads, I can only imagine what this does in Dubai.

1 Like

Doesn’t it get back in the system almost immediately anyway?

1 Like

Except maybe to say that a: it should have been animated under Jamie Hewlett’s control, and b: someone should have been employed to dress up as Booga and punch any movie assholes who wanted to add stupid fucking shit to the script. I’d be fine living in that timeline.

2 Likes

I never said it was a good movie.

2 Likes

Fair point :wink:

1 Like

To me Tank Girl is one of those movies that is so unbelievably bad its a fun watch, just as long as you know that its bad. The comic is pretty great tho

2 Likes

You’ve got to watch it in 3-B. Three beers and it looks good.

– Bob and Doug McKenzie

4 Likes

Sure. Fuck the people who lived there for centuries… /s

The people who are in charge? The ones who had the power to turn Dubai into the city it is today? The ones who turned a small fishing and trading port into an unsustainable tangle of glass and concrete, a flashy facade that hides a dark underbelly of repression and human rights abuses, all running on the backs of poor migrant labourers who work in near-slavery conditions? Those people? Yeah, fuck them.

4 Likes

Lots of people live there who are not those people, though. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

87 percent guest workers.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.