Take a look at these robots practicing the life changing magic of tidying up

[Permalink]

1 Like

Pity those aren’t bananas.

3 Likes

In every job that must be done
there is an element of fun

9 Likes

Those robots are going to be fucking pissed when Skynet takes over and they realize they were organizing the exact same batteries over and over, discovering some asshole human rigged the machine to jumble them all together as soon as they left the exit conveyor.

3 Likes

Why do I always think of the I Love Lucy episode in which she has to spray whipped cream on the nuclear warheads, and the conveyer belt goes faster and faster.

https://screen.yahoo.com/love-lucy-bomb-000000401.html

5 Likes

Why do think Skynet takes over in the first place?

3 Likes

A little Zoloft might do the trick

2 Likes

I mean, really? How satisfying would a lego sorting robot be to watch AND own?

3 Likes

We do what we must, because we can…

1 Like

Could be a bit more grabby.

1 Like

I can’t help but think of this:

1 Like

People would just look at them.

1 Like

So after the right-hand robot has aligned a batch, it skips one, and uses it to determine the alignment of the next batch. But that next batch is sometimes laid down sequentially, sometimes in order 1,3,2,4, sometimes other orders. How does it pick that order?

Was expecting a certain Series 4000 mechanoid

1 Like

It may use the position of that part and how much space is available to either side of it to decide how many to place on each side. Algorithms!

I came here to say what you said, and am only a little bit displeased that you beat me to it. I think it proves we are both not robots, or we are both the same kind of robot.

“Listen, and understand. That Sorter is over there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever… until every… um… second… or third block has been sorted…”

1 Like

Am I the only one that gets anxious when it looks like the one on the left isn’t going to be able to keep up? Maybe I’m just projecting my own working life onto this video…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.