Take this test to find out if you are a "super recognizer" of faces

I want to say the lady in the header is in cosplay, because I totally recognize that hair and ribbon pattern from Madoka.

3 Likes

7/14. I remember guessing on quite a few of those.

2 Likes

10/14 while watching TV. Some of them were very difficult for me, so I’m pretty sure I know which I missed.

10/14, and I’m hopeless at recognizing faces. Knowing I had to memorize distinctive features must have helped. So why don’t I do this in real life?

1 Like

I think I would be better if the mark had pink hair every time.

They couldn’t find anyone who knew how to mask photos properly? I felt I was doing well but the awful jagged lines made me give up.

1 Like

11 of 14. Felt like I was doing a lot worse, since the squished faces to pick from messed with me.

I’m usually fairly good at recognizing people I’ve seen in person or on video, though when I’m not seeing them I generally can’t recall a person’s face from memory to save my life. I’ve never been at all good at recognizing faces from pictures, either…

1 Like

I got 13 of 14. Now if I could only remember names…

3 Likes

I don’t know about any test but that’s definitely Madoka Kaname in the posted photo.

Eh, only 6. Must be back at picking white men out.

2 Likes

12/14. Makes sense as I can generally instantly recognize an actor/actress regardless of makeup or costume.

Here’s a handy lifehack that’s gotten me out of some awkward situations: Just look at the bolded word at the top left of somebody’s comment.
I can make an instructable on this if there’s enough interest.

5 Likes

Right, with their two eyes, and the nose, and the mouth always going ya ya ya, you know the type.

3 Likes

12 :slight_smile:

Crap with names but.

1 Like

I don’t think my score of 10 says much for its accuracy. I’m pretty bad at recognizing people, but it was easy to go of cues like hairstyles. I don’t think that’s what they were looking for.

I once saw an older man of Indian or Pakistani descent with a bald head and a white beard and my brain went, “Oh, it’s Bob”, Bob being a white gentleman, probably 20 years younger, with dark hair and a clean shaven face.

I don’t need a test to know if I’m a super recognizer of anything.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.