Target offers "waist-up styles" for video conferencing

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/02/target-offers-waist-up-style.html

2 Likes

I guess it is sort of the 2020 version of the Mullet, business in the front, party in the back. Only… business up top, party on the bottom? That sounds dirty…

4 Likes

They might as well add sweatpants to the ensemble though, just so we’re not all sitting around bare-assed.

3 Likes

What’s wrong with this? I think it’s nice people dressing as comfortably as they would like and still having the opportunity to look professional.

I’ve shopped this exact look myself, though not in so many words.

Working from home, taking precautions, being safe and looking as professional as necessary. Really doesn’t sound like “Idiocracy” to me.

10 Likes

You say that as if it is a negative…

5 Likes

My butt gets cold.

6 Likes

I’m looking for a trend of chunkier jewelry, things that display better over small slices of webex.

3 Likes

Three words: heated toilet seat.

5 Likes

Waist down styles . . .

I literally did a Teams meeting yesterday in company logo golf shirt, earrings, and yoga shorts. It was awesome.

6 Likes

We’ve been saying “laced up from the waist up” about our work outfits since March. I’ve learned that I own far too many tank tops that look terrible on video calls.

3 Likes

I wear the same clothes I did at work. An anime t-shirt (not tucked in, usually Dirty Pair or Cowboy Bebop), very old blue jeans with holes in them, a pair of newbalance with paint stains on them, maybe a knit hat if it is cold.

Tech companies gave up trying to get some engineers to dress like adults. FWIW I do put on a button shirt and khakis if I need to meet with customers.

4 Likes

Tell me they didn’t just slap “waist-up styles” and “virtual” on already existing slow merch that they needed to move.

1 Like

Just don’t forget and stand up.

2 Likes

De Niro could have remained at his desk while meeting with his guest.

As a ceramics and art teacher I used to wear jeans and an elevated T-shirt (with a key-hole neck, or lace detail, or something) and an apron or smock. Now I feel like I have to wear real shirts since I’m not getting messy, and I’m a little sad. In exchange, I absolutely only wear leggings or sweat pants.

3 Likes

Waist-down Styles for ChatRoulette

Hey, where’s the stuff for men?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.