Tea party hero Dan Burton willfully ignores facts about vaccines

[Permalink]

2 Likes

This is why we can’t have wonderful things.

16 Likes

So what if it did? I wish there were more autistic people!

5 Likes

It’s gonna turn out that excess eye-rolling in pregnant women leads to autism and this clown will prove to be one of the main causes of all that contempt.

18 Likes

I bet you could find a much stronger correlation between tanning booths and neoconservative-nutbagism than between vaccines and autism.

11 Likes

Sounds a lot like “I am not a scientist” to me.

10 Likes

For anyone who wants to watch the full exchange, it can be found here. Personally, I could only make it about a quarter of the way through. Kudos to Anderson for his persistence though.

3 Likes

Removal of that mercury compound from vaccines was actually a bad thing. It was used as an anti-fungal agent, and now the vaccines must be manufactured as single doses, raising costs. This excellent comic should be in the hot paste list of all anti-anti-vaxxers:

13 Likes

that’s the nature of belief: you believe s/t to be true even though it can’t be proven. And then you state it as fact, expecting others to believe it too.

1 Like

That is really difficult to watch. It’s frustrating to watch people in a position to make such far-ranging decisions actively ignore the facts and dismiss any argument counter to the holy beliefs they have fostered. We have got to learn to admit our faults, apologize and move on.

5 Likes

The political party against industrial pollution regulation is now going to nitpick results for the know-nothing vote…

7 Likes

Tea party hero Dan Burton willfully ignores facts about vaccines

FTFY.

16 Likes

I am getting some boosters this week, but eff tetanus. That one makes my arm unusable for two weeks. (The last one may have been a live or strong dose).

No, you don’t, I’d not wish being like me on ANYONE! I seriously wonder WHY I’m still breathing. If I could make you - or anyone - experience what it’s like being me for a week, you’d understand why.

Look at me here; there’s no connection between me and anyone else, and so it is with the rest of the human race, hence the username.

1 Like

Funny how Republicans never seem to be “experts” on anything other than completely fucking women, people of colour and poor people.

11 Likes

Sigh…campaign season has started early. Every antivaxxer I know is a liberal…which is not to say some of them aren’t right wingers. This is far from a “conservative” belief, but it’s hard to smear the right while telling the truth on this one, I suppose.

1 Like

Easy!
Those are the groups less likely to have the power, influence or money to harm them or their political careers.

3 Likes

*#*NotAllAntivaxxers

Feel free to tally how many Dems are parroting antivaxxer bullshit, then compare it to how many Tea Party nutbars are coming out of the woodwork to appeal to this darling subculture of child abuse rights enthusiasts.

9 Likes

I worry that our politicians might actually be our best and brightest…

3 Likes

See if you can’t get the TDAP somewhere less useful. Perhaps in the ham-hock? If you get it in the butt the fact that we all sit on our asses most of the day should let you not have such drastic effects perhaps?

2 Likes