Teacher fired after getting drunk and taking teens to strip club

Originally published at: Teacher fired after getting drunk and taking teens to strip club | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Glad they cleared that up. Talk about awkward… /s

7 Likes

“I’m not in trouble – you’ll be in trouble”

I’d pay good money to throw that quip about.

7 Likes

It added there was “no malice or sexual intent” in taking the students to the lapdancing club,

And people used to read Playboy for the “articles”.

8 Likes

Grange Hill!

5 Likes

Richard Glenn, 55, being sent home immediately

Fortunately, a far more mature and qualified 14-year-old student was present to chaperone for the remainder of the trip.

6 Likes

A 3 year teaching ban seems like much too light a response, and the incident happened in 2019 so I checked to see if the 3 year prohibition ends next year. It is 3 years from this hearing so the soonest he can reapply to teach is April 2024, but this guy should never be allowed to teach

4 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one who recognised the image. I always wondered, just what was so exciting about that sausage.

2 Likes

I suppose someone found the illustration by searching for “Sausage Fest”

has also been banned from teaching for three years.

Uhhh… why are they giving the teacher the option to teach again at all?

1 Like

Note the lack of support from colleagues trying to downplay the incident or suggest it was a necessary part of the job.

That’s how you can tell this misconduct was committed by an educator instead of a cop.

9 Likes

Per the Misconduct Panel:
“Mr Glenn was an experienced teacher and pastoral leader who would have been expected to lead an overseas trip safely, and would have been well aware of the conduct expected of him.”

Emphasis mine, but anybody surprised by that?

5 Likes

… pastoral leader’s been into the sacramental wine again? /rimshot

Northumbria? The Anglo-Saxon kingdom that last existed over a thousand years ago? Or Northumberland, the modern county with roots in the 12th century and the best county flag in the UK?

(sorry, I’m a local and it really irks me when people make that mistake)

4 Likes

Well that’ll ‘teach’ him!

9 Likes

On the exposure/drunk thing, one day a material science teacher in HS walked into our classroom first thing in the morning wearing torn trousers. From his demeanor… yep, he was drunk, and he seemed oblivious of the tear which ran from his crotch to his knee. Nobody laughed. It was just sad.

4 Likes

He has a substance abuse problem. Get him some treatment. If he fixes his issues, maybe he can come back, but someone needs to look at that closely and keep and eye on him.

The Northern Independence Party has Northumbrian independence as a policy.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry, but it can’t compete with the Caithness flag

3 Likes

My high school had one well-known alcoholic teacher. One day, a bunch of his students did a coordinated prank: on cue, the front row started gently swaying in unison. Poor bastard didn’t say a thing and just staggered to his seat. He had to deliver the rest of the lecture sitting down. My teenage self guffawed, but older me is mostly just sad about that guy’s life.

3 Likes