Teddy Ruxpin participates in Trump's impeachment trial

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/25/teddy-ruxpin-participates-in-t.html

3 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

Ah the fond memories of my childhood in the 80s, including the moral panic of my mother whose church friends in the Protestant Women of the Chapel organization warned her that Teddy Ruxpin was a doorway to demonic possession, following up on the demonic middle names of the Cabbage Patch Dolls and the poisoned Halloween candy that the Chick tracts warned us about.

9 Likes

I don’t really find that unfortunate at all.

Unfortunate would be only receiving Rush Limbaugh.

10 Likes

Penny Arcade

10 Likes

Are you TRYING to traumatize you daughter?

4 Likes

This is not the future we expected.

6 Likes

i want to see the person who made the chuck e cheese animatronics do modern songs re enact the trial

3 Likes

the only radio station I get good signal on is NPR

I’ve never identified as a furry, but if Teddy Ruxpin spoke as Nina Totenberg I might reconsider.

4 Likes

I think the company is now known as “Boston Dynamics”.

4 Likes

dear god please don;'t give them ideas

5 Likes

Trump would never had made it into M.A.V.O. Say what you will about Quellor, but he’s got some standards.

This will contain vital evidence for the aliens when, eons from now, they arrive at the star system Sol and they wish to determine how the third barren planet in this system came to the state it is in.

2 Likes

Hearing the cult-like manta “liberalism is a mental disorder” is only funny the first 50 or 60 times you hear it.

5 Likes

Ooh! Apropos:

Today’s Oglaf (often NSFW)

9 Likes
1 Like

No. No. No. No. No.

Please return that Hell-spawn to the abyss.

1 Like

Teddy Ruxpin is an animatronic children’s toy in the form of a talking Illiop, which looks like a bear

I had absolutely no idea what you meant by “Illiop”, so I did some Googling. Apparently that is really part of Ruxpin’s backstory – he really isn’t a bear, but just looks like one. Reminds me of the whole official Sanrio position that Hello Kitty isn’t a cat.

1 Like

We got one for our niece in the 80’s.
She loved it. At first.
Later…as my sister was cleaning out a closet. She found teddy.
The plastic had come off it’s snout, exposing the metal work terminator like, with the eyes falling back in the head and lidless blinking eye lids. The cassette tape had damage and dragged and went off pitch. So it was a bit demonic.
“Teddy Scares Me Now” she told my sister…after finding it buried deep in the closet with clothes thrown over it to hide it.

1 Like

I think we now need a Teddy Ruxpin spin off of the Annabell films…

1 Like