Teenagers recreate Toy Story 3 using stop-motion animation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/27/teenagers-recreate-toy-story-3.html

4 Likes

More Mr. Potato Head, please.

2 Likes

I don’t see a link to the youtube. So,

10 Likes

Wait…Toy Story 3 was released 8 years ago??! When did that happen?

*Looks up date of original Toy Story - 1995???

Damn. I feel old.

6 Likes

LOL yup, even the stop motion one makes me choke up during the conveyor belt scene. sniff

This reminds me of the shot-for-shot remake of Raiders of the lost Ark made mostly in 1982-88 by some kids in Mississippi.

I had the great pleasure of seeing the film – which took another 25 years to complete – about 10 years ago. It was amazing. two of the filmmakers were there. They described being invited to Spielberg’s ranch, and geeking out on all the movie props there. Spielberg appreciated their tribute and even allowed them to continue to screen the film (which is how I got to see it), as long as they weren’t profiting it from it. During the Q&A, my stepson, who was around 10 at the time, asked how much it cost to burn up a jeep, and one of the filmmakers said, “Looks like we’ve got a future producer here!” LOL

I don’t know if it’s available anywhere now, but there’s a WIRED article with some production pics here.

[Edited to fix some dates]

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.