Teens On Acid: psychedelic art book and toys by Josh Thorsen

Originally published at: Teens On Acid: psychedelic art book and toys by Josh Thorsen | Boing Boing

3 Likes

May I suggest as a companion book…

7 Likes

how does this work with the original artists? I see quite a few artists on social media using well-known characters in their own work. while the settings may be unique and new, the characters are very recognizable. these works are for sale. have they been licensed?

1 Like

I’ve made a mental note that pop-culture things “on acid” are often far from one’s actual brain on acid.

For example, where are the highly erotic insectoid/arachnid sex/hunting/feeding/death vignettes? Where is the giant infinitely unfolding asshole that chides and damns you eternally for buying into rapidly pulsating Satanic moral panic for nickels on the dime? Where are the alien gods pinpointing this very moment of conscious understanding in time and space, freezing it in acrylic and then trading it on the pan-dimensional dental implant market?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.