Televangelists are con artists, and they are thriving

I miss my mailings from them - a friend from work signed me up.

1 Like

The loudspeaker spoke up and said. The loudspeaker spoke up and said. Christianity is stupid. Christianity is stupid. Communism is good. Communism is good. Give up. Give up.

4 Likes

Hope he’s at least getting a paycheck out of it.

1 Like

Added to that, it would be trivial to convince a lot of people that going for the televangelists is the next step in the all-out war on Christianity. They’ve already declared war on Christmas and marriage…

One of the things that John Oliver didn’t mention is the way that televangelism and the prosperity gospel is big in the developing world, and many of the highest grossing televangelists are fleecing desperate people in Africa.

3 Likes

Hell, they even called NY’s ban on gay conversion therapy persecution.

They call shutting down literal persecution camps persecution. I can’t believe their heads don’t explode from that level of cognitive dissonance.

5 Likes

The constant psychological projection must protect them from head’splosions from the cognitive dissonance.

This is really more like performance art.

1 Like

Their mailings were wonderful… “Dr” Jaggers had new academic laurels every month and there were always pictures of The Lovely Miss Velma.
They never campaigned for donations, however, I guess they really pressured folks who came to their services.

1 Like

Doubt it, all you need to join that army is a copy of Atlas Shrugged.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.