Temperature and Health

The Climate topic is telling me to cool it

so maybe I’ll post here instead :ice_cube:

4 Likes

What is the most healthy temperature anyway?

This article says 28.6°C

Statistics speak for themselves, but I imagine folks in India might be more acclimated to high temperatures than … folks in other places :thinking:

2 Likes

… the Washington Post devotes some needed column inches to “what is known as the wet bulb temperature scale”

3 Likes

… and the exact same kind of analysis for London says 19°C is the best :thinking:

3 Likes

How right-wing media distorts public understanding of wet-bulb temperature and the dangers of extreme heat

5 Likes

7 Likes

Perhaps due more to the infrastructure, like existing building ventilation and insulation, than differences between people?

1 Like

My comfort range is mid 50s to low 60s. Below 40, I need to put on a sweater. Above 80, I literally have trouble thinking, and at 90 I’m a half step from being outright useless.

2 Likes

Oddly, in India, 16°C and 33°C have the same health outcome, whereas in the UK 16°C is normal and 33°C looks like the literal end of the world

Air conditioning is not common in either place :confused:

1 Like

I should hope so :cold_face:

I don’t believe walking around in shorts and a t-shirt when it’s 45°F out is advisable either

I’ve gone swimming in a hole we cut through the ice on a pond. Also, in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Maine in January.

I’m well insulated.

1 Like
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.