"Temporary Fault": A surreal glitch during a Star Trek rerun on BBC One

What; they had sheet music ready? I thought the announcer was just improvising on the Emergency Guitar.

2 Likes

(Deleted. There must be something wrong with my browser.)

Two thirty cubic yard dumpsters for me…did that about four years ago. Felt good. Still does. Probably two or three of those yd**3’s were VHS tapes

3 Likes

Yeah - I feel better without them cluttering up my attic, too. Probably at least a cubic yard and a half. But still a twinge of nostalgia and curiosity about them. That’s life, eh? :wink:

3 Likes
3 Likes

The music. I thought it was Pat Metheny… but it’s not. Or Is It?

1 Like

Thx!! :wink:

1 Like

Metheney? no! Lee Ritenour has done some elevatory jazz for sure though.

2 Likes

Traditionally, REAL emergencies call for black ties and Haunted Dancehall (Nursery Remix) by Sabres of Paradise

4 Likes

Maybe the digital age has steralized me in some way, but seeing that real-deal film glitch, not an After Effects facsimile of one!, gave me tingles in areas I’m embarrassed to admit.

3 Likes

I think this is the studio guitarist. He had one album in the early 90s in a similar vein to “Westcoast Trip”.

1 Like

Thanks! 94.7FM (The Wave) used to specialize in New Age Music (great for long commutes), but they ditched that format.

2 Likes

For me it just makes me panic slightly - I learned to project 35mm film for campus movie nights when I was in college, right at the end of the film era. The school got a digital cinema projector while I was there, around 2014, but up to that point we were running a two-projector changeover system. Cue dots still make me jump on the rare occasion I see a film print. It might be a long time before that happens again, with COVID… I was looking forward to seeing Tenet in 70mm, darn.

3 Likes

Metheny is superb.

Liked esp for this

Here I had my money on Pattern Buffers.

1 Like

You would have died of heart attacks daily during my school years (I’m old).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.