Watch: Weather report gets weird when hit with a trippy technical glitch

Originally published at: Watch: Weather report gets weird when hit with a trippy technical glitch | Boing Boing

11 Likes

“Now it’s time for the Jennifer McDermed weather squad and conga line, only of Fox9 News!”

15 Likes

She’s trapped in a video feedback loop! 20 Years ago I worked at a post house in an all digital tape-based editing suite. I created the weirdest images by patching the output of the switcher back to the input - almost completely lossless video feedback.

I’ve been messing with video feedback since (here’s the latest project):

37 Likes
15 Likes

The set was visited by the spirit of Nam June Paik.

6 Likes

Groovy background track.

…Nice Mandelfish, by the by.

3 Likes

Bravo!

Also for the music choices

3 Likes

Flashbacks during work… happens sometimes…

2 Likes

grounded in reality

As I always say (and I do always say), everyone needs a drug-induced, ego-destroying, hallucinogenic experience at least once in their life in order to ground themselves. C’mon Jennifer! You’re halfway there!

lsd GIF

11 Likes

She’s somewhere in the Gondryverse

10 Likes

Love her “yes and” attitude!

4 Likes

Maybe she’s been drinking extradimensional gestating mammal fluid?

2 Likes

Local news is the best.

1 Like

“If life gives you feedback, make a conga line.”

5 Likes

I guess I’m the only one who was more perplexed by her dress. Is she in a cult or something?

Indeed, it is nice to see someone in the media having a relaxed attitude to things going awry.

It looked like pretty typical weather reporter fashion to me. Maybe even a little nicer because of the bright color. But I tend not to care what people on TV are wearing, it’s not my business to judge their outfits. I know they get plenty of nasty comments from viewers about stupid stuff like that, as if it should matter to anyone.

7 Likes

Those of us watching TV in 1963 have seen it all before. Here os some old-school analogue video feedback…

8 Likes

i want to go there 30 rock GIF

(“Let forever be” is such a great Beatles tribute - the frantic drums and Noel Gallagher’s vocals are great, but Gondry’s vid is perfect.)

3 Likes

Since the first track is by The Dead Weather its even thread appropriate.

2 Likes