The Weather Channel sends reporters to middle of Hurricane Ian where they struggle — some viewers call BS (video)

Originally published at: The Weather Channel sends reporters to middle of Hurricane Ian where they struggle — some viewers call BS (video) | Boing Boing

4 Likes

that last video isn’t from Ian, so why bring that up? aside from perhaps tucker carlson, was there anyone claiming that footage from yesterday was faked or exaggerated?

9 Likes

Pretty sure that utility workers that MUST be out in these conditions have rules and regs regarding proper safety gear.

Almost like these weather people put on everyday clothing , just to give it that “common person” feel to their reporting.

If one dies, I fully expect the company to state that they were contractors and not actually employees and therefor not subject to OSHA rules.

4 Likes

In the best ratings-hungry tradition of Eyewitless News.

5 Likes

American Storm GIF

20 Likes

7 Likes

Fuckin’ A!

5 Likes

It’s all about the show. One day, with any luck, a reporter will be killed by a frisbeeing stop sign and teevee ratings will go through the roof.

2 Likes
8 Likes

“I’m alright, I’m fine. I’m fine. I just can’t stand up.”

2 Likes

Evidently, he is back at it.

10 Likes

Bill And Ted 80S GIF by IFC

7 Likes

The reason they do this is that this is how Dan Rather got his big break - reporting from Galveston in 1961 when Hurricane Carla hit.

2 Likes

Also, here’s Geraldo doing… whatever the hell it is he does.

1 Like

Do those weather guys get contracted out from a scientologist’s postcard company?

2 Likes

It’s still better than what Mulder and Scully had to deal with when they got stuck due to the hurricane…

5 Likes

raw (1)

4 Likes

If that is actually hurricane force winds, how is that flag not getting ripped out of his hand?? Probably filmed before anywhere near the brunt of the storm arrived because ‘kewl’.

2 Likes