Watch this news reporter just miss getting massively zapped on air

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/28/watch-this-news-reporter-just.html

6 Likes

Forget Lab Safety, I Want Superpowers

25 Likes

He’s so casual about it! I would have leapt 10 feet in the air like a cat spotting a cucumber.

12 Likes

News reporting can be deadly. Tucson lost a very good news photographer when a transformer at the newspaper building exploded in 1982.

16 Likes

Who is crazier, the weathermen, their bosses who send them into storms for ratings, or us for watching?

4 Likes

Didn’t realise Jerry Seinfeld had a new gig!

5 Likes

Comedians in Storms Getting Electrocuted

9 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKX0huUtIbM

6 Likes

Hope the crew is getting hazard pay. Otherwise, fuck that. Actually…just fuck that.

7 Likes

What a cool cat. Also if you were looking for a microphone that’s good in high winds, I don’t know what that one is called but there ya go.

5 Likes

Probably should NOT have worn the Star Trek redshirt uniform.

19 Likes

Everyone is missing the main point, this guy was attacked by a TRANSFORMER! Not sure what their being blown has to do with it…
tftm0078

8 Likes

It’s probably a standard type of microphone inside a zeppelin.

4 Likes

Grew up in Tampa. I jumped over a bonfire in HS. Burned all my leg hair off. Had a good laugh.

This? This is unnecessary. I’ve done dumb stuff I the past, but hanging out in standing water with an electrical mess sparking up? Yeah, I’ll take another pass at the bonfire first. Dude should know better if he lives down there.

2 Likes

Hat tip to that guy for keeping the language clean. I’d have lit up the FCC’s profanity beeper harder than George Carlin

2 Likes

Anyone notice how often the link to comments (excepting this one) goes nowhere? Just me?

2 Likes

This is awesome!

Yeah, I was just thinking the same. There must be something about the BoingBoing blogging software which makes it an easy mistake to make, because I’m seeing it often.

2 Likes

The Meteor – Origins

Not just you. I’m with you there.