Ten great moments of Bugs Bunny

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/05/ten-great-moments-of-bugs-bunny.html

8 Likes

Just last weekend my friend and I were talking about our favourite moments from WB cartoons. Just thinking about the gags involving Yosemite Sam and Wile E. Coyote and Sylvester had us laughing, probably in the same way that Chuck Jones and his writers were when they came up with them.

16 Likes

Rabbit Fire, Rabbit Seasoning and Duck! Rabbit! Duck! is the greatest film trilogy of all time.

14 Likes

That was a nice diversion for a morning like this. And thankfully, no voice-over commentary!

5 Likes

i grew up with 4 brothers and we could quote a line from a bugs bunny cartoon for any situation. and 40 years later we still do it. just the best cartoons there ever were.

15 Likes

Bugs was going to Coachella before it was cool

18 Likes

That was a nice diversion for a morning like this.

And not about the election at all!

Trump victory! Biden victory! Trump victory! Biden victory!
Then, follow that one up with one about a giant orange monster who is actually a big baby.
Chef’s kiss!

7 Likes

The Barber of Seville parody one has always been my all time fave Bugs Bunny episode :slight_smile: it’s just too funny. The one where he’s conducting the opera is pretty ace too.

10 Likes

a solid list – my only “huh??” moment was the baseball one. my other quibble is that once you start watching one, it’s pretty impossible to watch a clip. now i want to see them all in their entirety. did anyone else sing along with Elmer and Bugs at #1? haha

5 Likes

Where is “Bugsy and Mugsy”? One of the great Irish-accent cops of all time!

3 Likes

I’m not sure why, but my favorite has always been where he asks the witch what’s for dinner and she says “rabbit stew! I mean… stew”.

6 Likes

darn, the right one was “Bugs and Mugs”!

3 Likes

I love Bugs in various fairy tale settings, too. His interactions with the Three Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, The Three Bears, and Hansel and Gretel are priceless. Bugs as a test rabbit going to the moon in “Haredevil Hare,” romantic adventures with the robot rabbit in “The Grey Hounded Hare” and Daisy Lou in “Hare Splitter” were so funny. Also, Bugs telling stories to his disbelieving nephew in “His Hare-Raising Tale” was a cute clip show with a great ending.

9 Likes

It’s nice to see interest in these wonderful artworks and this is a good ranking. I would be remiss though if I didn’t point out the glaring omission of one Marvin the Martian. A neo Roman space invader with a dimensionless head. These guys were so, so ahead of their time.

7 Likes

What, did he take a wrong turn at Albuquerque?

6 Likes

So many adventures with stew! You reminded me of “French Rarebit,” with the competing chefs. My other fave stew scenario is when he thinks he’s taking a bath in “Little Hiawatha.” :laughing:

6 Likes

Any time I fumblefinger a password I say “Duhhh…open Saskatchewan?”

12 Likes

One that i quote a lot that one episode where Yosemite Sam and Bugs are at a mansion and they’re sitting a opposite ends of a long dinner table and he asks Sam to pass him the salt, and then later the pepper. Slays me every time and when i ask for someone to pass me something while eating i have to fight the urge to say “Oh Saaaaaam…”

6 Likes

Yes, everyone loves What’s Opera, Doc? but I think The Rabbit of Seville is much better.

7 Likes

Rabbit of Seville is probably the funniest thing they’ve ever made

8 Likes