Ten of the most paused moments in Star Trek

Surprising they let this one on prime time

10 Likes

Star Trek Drink GIF

12 Likes

I’ve told this story here before, but… In the book Inside Star Trek, they tell about testing the green slave-girl makeup: they mixed up a batch of the goop, smeared it on some poor model, and shot some test footage. When it came back from developing, the gal was pink. They tried two or three more times, making it greener and greener. Still pink. They finally go over to talk to the film-developer, and learn that he’s been staying up nights correcting the green-skin “problem.”

17 Likes

Disgusting! She’s clothed!

11 Likes

hd reference GIF

8 Likes

She pops up in an absolutely fabulous DVD documentary of the history of the Ballets Russes going back to the time of its founder, Diaghilev. Because I was already way into (and conditioned by) the music of Stravinsky, Ravel, Debussy, and Prokofiev, the documentary gave me a very strong sense of nostalgia. It’s near the end of the film when one learns that Yvonne Craig was one of the last of the ballet company’s so-called “baby ballerinas”… young adolescents.

11 Likes

Don’t judge my kink. :wink:

5 Likes

A bit disappointed …i thought this was going to be the ACTUAL most paused scenes, via Netflix data or Tivo or some corp that tracks our every move. At least that surveilance would be the source of some good amusement rather than just to advertise us to death.

6 Likes

I think your theory holds true.

One of the most confronting things I’ve found when editing documentary ‘talking heads’ is the weirdly intimate access you have looking at someones face frame by frame. Finding an emotional beat to edit on often sees an editor watching very emotionally charged expressions changing in less than half a second… over and over again.

13 Likes

…the rajiin item on enterprise was my very own nemesis… possible…

2 Likes

Correction. Worf and Data are comedy gold. One is rigidly serious always, the other takes everything literally, and neither has a sense of humor.

12 Likes
4 Likes

The interview editing I do is for educational purposes rather than documentary, so I do a pass of what I call the ‘courtesy edit’ wherein I scrub out every ‘umm’ and similar. I have yet to do so and not come away with a noticeable fondness for that person. Only thing I can figure is that it’s tripping my empathy circuit repeatedly while staring at their eyes and mouth.

3 Likes

Think I’ll make some baked potatoes for dinner tonight.

2-25-2013 9-13-36 PM

Kirk was an obvious inspiration for Zapp Brannigan, and they got the last laugh by giving HIM the skimpy uniform this time.

11 Likes

5 Likes

Dammit, after your post, I am never going to be able to say “baked potatoes” without laughing.

2 Likes

That photo is even better in context.

stng1

stng2

stng3

9 Likes

I know! It’s weird how my experience of this went from amused to “oh, just another listicle”.

4 Likes

closer-flesh-wound-invincible-michael-dorn-monty-python-and-the-holy-star-trek-tng-worf-5694573568

8 Likes

and he populated the list with a few obvious troi/dax/etc scenes he knew were popular while the rest were just his own favorite nerd-out moments.

He should have just been honest and called it “MY top ten most paused scenes”

2 Likes