Terminator 2, but with Sylvester Stallone instead of Arnie

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/03/terminator-2-but-with-sylvest.html

2 Likes
1 Like

17 Likes

Oh man, I haven’t thought about Last Action Hero in years. Thanks for the nostalgia trip.

12 Likes

I’m such a fan of that bad movie, i referenced it last week in a conversation with my brother over the phone. This deepfake does certainly amuse me to no end because of its connection to Last Action Hero

8 Likes

This doesn’t work so well because there’s no expression on his face. They may as well have used a still photo for the whole thing, instead of going through all of the mapping and processing.

2 Likes

this is also funny because arnold’s accent is kind of the equivalent of a german hick’s. (austrians get stereotyped as being kind of country buffoons in DE)

This fake is actually a better performance than Stallone would have given in reality.

3 Likes

I was just reminded of the Last Action Hero Stallone/Schwarzenegger swap a few days ago thanks to this review:

They mention this tidbit from Demolition Man while discussing the Stallone call-out:

4 Likes

Even with Arnold’s stone cold expressionless character there were microexpressions and a certain nuance. This makes it rather flat, even more lifeless than before. Also, too much cognitive dissonance with the voice, I just can’t get there.

3 Likes

Now deepfake Schwarzenegger into Demolition Man, and we’ve gone full circle?

1 Like

Demolition Man is also one of my favorite movies, i’m still waiting for Prez Arnie to be a thing.

So you do know about the three seashells?

The writers were really good making some memorable lines.

1 Like

Wait, he doesn’t know about the three seashells.

So, now all restaurants are Taco Bell.

Stallone as Arnie looked better than CG Arnie as young Arnie in Terminator: Gynysyss, I’ll give him that much.

Almost like he’s some kind of emotionless machine.

1 Like

giphy-1

Yes, that’s my point. That’s why it was a poor choice of subject. I’d like to see one that proves the process works a little better.
Stallone in Sophie’s Choice? lol

I loved Last Action Hero. It is a classic spoof of the action movie genre

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.