Terrifying weapons made with objects from airport shops

There’s a difference you overlook. When a PRIVATE organization does security, they notice things like inefficiency, waste, and effectiveness.

The TSA doesn’t bother. Example: the BILLION dollars spent on “behavioral indicators” that were less accurate than flipping a coin. . . .

http://www.lcsun-news.com/las_cruces-opinion/ci_24578894/editorial-tsa-1-billion-program-fails-hike-security

And nobody got fired for wasting that money. Waste 100K in a private company, and you’ll be on the street. . .

1 Like

I am sure you didn’t read my comment very closely.

My ignoring your previously unstated point more likely means I was making my own. I suspect you didn’t read to the end and assumed i support the TSA at all.

I know that calling people names usually brings them around to my POV eventually, keep going!

1 Like

And my point is that TSA has ZERO incentive to operate effectively. Whereas an airline can be sued for negligent performance. So they have incentives to be BOTH efficient AND effective. . .

You have a very good point, but I don’t think building bombs is a very good form of dissent, even if they’re ha-ha jokey bombs. The TSA is not known for their wry sense of humor.

1 Like

Do please prove anything resembling an actual toxin is being consciously sold in place of actual edible matter.

I think the purpose of the videos was to show what a smart person could do to make weapons and that the TSA is utterly pointless if you can still make a grenade with a three foot effective blast on a pressurized compartment with people heavily packed. Terrorists are idiots. Turns out religious fanatics aren’t very smart or well educated, and the well educated tend not to be religious fanatics! The TSA is better at sowing fear and unrest than “terrorists”. Hell, when any sort of tragedy happens the media reports it 24/7 with fetishistic fervor for their love of gore. Why not shakedown the media every time they board a plane rather than some guy with a beard or five year olds in wheelchairs? They make me feel more unsafe than the idea of some dude really mad at America in some far off land.

Clearly to be safe from cleverness we must arrest Evan Booth and issue a cease and desist to any media outlets that bring this up. Once that is done, cleverness will have been stopped and we will once again be safe. This will require an increase in the Homeland Security’s budget, of course.

I realise the point you think he’s trying to make, but articulating it like this is like a pro-lifer killing abortion doctors. I’m not so sure that this is a concern troll. And even if it is, there’s enough ambiguity for a government to exploit.

1 Like

Sure thing, Ace Haemmorrhoids!

It makes the point in the manner of a Tabloid journalist packing a suitcase full of childrens’ shoes before going to report on a natural disaster.

Dissent and protest does not include the fabrication of weapons and the dissemination of construction methods - or at least, that will be their excuse. They will ignore this guy at first, and if it becomes necessary or useful for them to act, they’ll smash him. There is nothing the authorities hate worse than a smart-arse.

Don’t you remember how you used to be allowed to take unlimited liquids onto a plane - until a terrorist plot that was later demonstrated to not work?

“We’d better stop people taking liquids onto planes so that fewer terrorist plots end in failure!”

I’m slightly afraid of following the link. I can see the NSA tracking visitors to that kind of information, feeding it to the FBI/NSA, and being placed on the no-fly list…

Well, this sort of shit will ensure that no one will be permitted to carry a mind past one.

I see what they’re trying to do, but I doubt if it will help.

Not a single one of those is as deadly as a shiv, which would be much easier to make out of pretty much anything than any of those weapons.

2 Likes

I think you should read my whole comment. I will not be apologizing for the TSA, go erect your strawman somewhere else

How effective is dissent going to be if you’re more worried about perturbing authority than communicating your dissent?

I think dissent that doesn’t perturb authority is actually called ineffective, or compliant.

Is short, you shouldn’t build bombs. I hold that truth for myself too. But that guy, he can do whatever he wants. His limits are his own.

I’ve always held that the TSA was there to reduce the demand for air travel, both to stabilize fuel prices and to reduce the need for a massive overhaul of civil air traffic control.

I read your whole comment. My point was that history demonstrates the aptness with which authority leaps upon hysteria, regardless of this individual’s intent. I wasn’t accusing you of being a TSA apologist; is there a ‘fallacy false flag fallacy’?