Terrifying weapons made with objects from airport shops

Just because people in authority tend to do things is no excuse for complicity, compliance or quiet.

I’m not overly concerned about how power feels or will react when truth is spoken to it.

If you create excuses for them to extend their powers, YOU ARE COMPLICIT. You are participating in security theatre on their terms.

And that’s the victim blaming of which I spoke.

What about massive lobbying for the nail clipper industry?

But seriously - point.

No, no. You’re trying to be clever, but all you’re achieving is presumably deliberate obtuseness. It would be victim blaming if he innocuously had a collection of household items that could make a bomb (for example), and got pulled for it. That’s comparable to a girl going out in a short skirt, or a person deciding to commute by bike and getting hit by a car. In this example, his behaviour is deliberately antagonistic in the knowledge that the recent trend in Western states has been ‘OMG teh terrists!!!’ - this situation is more akin to seeking out Charles Bronson on my first day in prison, in the full knowledge that he has a history of extreme violence, and tugging on his moustache whilst calling him a nonce.

Wasn’t this already covered at

Have a great night.

Norway Maple wins the thread.

Why are weapons terrified by objects from airport shops?

(As others have said, “terrifying” as an adjective is something of an overstatement here, so I’m trying it as a verb…)

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.