Terrorists are putting suicide vests on cows

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/05/terrorists-are-putting-suicide.html

1 Like

Scared-Cow-330x248

If unfunny, mods please delete.

21 Likes

In the colonel’s assessment, the attack signalled that ISIL, whose ranks were sharply reduced by the group’s four-year fight against Iraqi security forces backed by U.S. special forces, was resorting to unconventional methods since they lacked manpower.

In a way this is good news, in that it shows that there’s a limit to the supply of testosterone- and religion-crazed young male idiots willing to martyr themselves for fundie movements.

Those poor cows, though.

24 Likes

“Get it bro? We’ll put them on COWS. Then they’ll be MOOJAHIDEEN!”
“Do it! DO IT!”

22 Likes

1k for a cow?

1 Like

In addition to the fact that an animal can’t choose to become a living weapon as it lack free will

Seems to me that their free will is the problem. Cows are not going to prance into a busy city center, because there’s no grass there to eat. So they just slowly, agonizingly wander around until the bombers get impatient and detonate them, doing “some damage” to buildings nearby.

This is not going to last long, because it’s a terrible plan with poor results for the amount of efforts it takes.

13 Likes

14 Likes

“and there’s hamburger all over the highway in Mystic, Connecticut”

6 Likes

Technically it’s only a “suicide” vest if the cows are carrying out the attacks voluntarily.

27 Likes

In the darkest days after Pearl Harbor, bats stepped up . . .

9 Likes

Also this vaguely reminds me of this book (very good, recommended by Sir Terry Pratchett himself) Apocalypse Cow

7 Likes

Well, I mean, there is a lot of historical examples of cows being used as weapons.

13 Likes

Reminds me of the game Unexploded Cow.

2 Likes

Someone’s been watching Three Kings

1 Like
10 Likes

What a stupid concept.

3 Likes

Their milkshake kills all the boys in the yard?

9 Likes

That’s abominable.

2 Likes

Fetchez la vache!

5 Likes

Or the poor people who lose their livelihood because someone used their cow in a terrorist attack, too.

And I can’t imagine that the hindu nationalists aren’t going to use this (even though it’s in Iraq) as an excuse to crack down harder on Muslim Indians.

16 Likes